Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #31,921 of 46,499
I consider my 400$+300$ headphone/amp expensive, 90%+ of the world's population can't even afford them, so remember that and all the homeless people you see on the street even here in america the next time you want to put somebody else down to make yourself feel more rich.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #31,922 of 46,499
  I consider my 400$+300$ headphone/amp expensive, 90%+ of the world's population can't even afford them, so remember that and all the homeless people you see on the street even here in america the next time you want to put somebody else down to make yourself feel more rich.

??? 
confused.gif
I wasn't puttin' anybody down with my previous post.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #31,923 of 46,499

Been a Bowie fan for years.  I have most of his studio albums.  The man was a genius & I posted that last year in the "post any picture you want" thread.  The picture I posted was Bowie half submerged in the water wearing his clown suit for the video/song Ashes to ashes.  My caption read simply : "Genius."   Like Elvis & The BeaTles, Bowie was an Icon on the music scene, unique, unlike anybody else and just so damn good.  For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out his video of the song "Lazarus" from his last album BlackStar, on Youtube.  The video is haunting.  He knew he was dying & the video addresses his mortality closing on it's last days.  That took guts, I told my wife at supper time, I mean the man knew his time was coming to an end and goes ahead and creates this piece of art about his own death but it's more than a video, he knew it's going to happen for real, and soon.  In conclusion, the best eulogy I've read came from Tony Visconti who produced some of Bowie's albums but was above all a close and personal friend of the late singer/songwriter/artist/actor/artist/musical icon :

I agree with you on DB. A real Pioneer and pure artist.

I disagree about DB mentioned in the same breath as Elvis. For me, Elvis wasn't a pure artist like DB. He was a slave to the celeb lifestyle, prefering to indulge in jets, cars, and mansions, flaunting his fame and wealth for all to gawk at. Not like DB. Their respective Ends perhaps speak volumes about the personal values each embraced. Private agony for DB, drug OD for Elvis (after years of being drugged by his evil "handlers" who milked him for all he was worth). Also, Elvis didn't write any songs, correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers

Hi CM,

I won't disagree with you on those points at all.  What I meant & didn't indicate was that Elvis invented his own persona (Last train to Memphis : the Rise of Elvis Presley & Careless love : The Unmaking of Elvis Presley / by Peter Gurainick = the best biography on E.P. in 2 vols.) & he is still considered the greatest entertainer in US showbiz history.  So, that's what I based my opinion on. I have no wish to correct you on anything CM since we all have different tastes and opinions.  BTW I'm not an Elvis fan in the sense of listening to his music religiously.  I own his Greatest Hits album & his Sun Records recordings album.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #31,925 of 46,499

Hi CM,

I won't disagree with you on those points at all.  What I meant & didn't indicate was that Elvis invented his own persona (Last train to Memphis : the Rise of Elvis Presley & Careless love : The Unmaking of Elvis Presley / by Peter Gurainick = the best biography on E.P. in 2 vols.) & he is still considered the greatest entertainer in US showbiz history.  So, that's what I based my opinion on. I have no wish to correct you on anything CM since we all have different tastes and opinions.  BTW I'm not an Elvis fan in the sense of listening to his music religiously.  I own his Greatest Hits album & his Sun Records recordings album.

Bob, no worries, not lookin' to pick a dispute. I like Elvis- have several of his recs -- e.g. Flaming Star is excellent and off most peoples' radar. He was certainly his own individual, no doubt. I only wish he would have just written some balldes himself, like Bowie et al.

cheers

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #31,926 of 46,499

Hi CM,

Bob, no worries, not lookin' to pick a dispute. I like Elvis- have several of his recs -- e.g. Flaming Star is excellent and off most peoples' radar. He was certainly his own individual, no doubt. I only wish he would have just written some balldes himself, like Bowie et al.

cheers

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #31,927 of 46,499
I am listening to The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars, right now.

What a wonderful album.

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #31,928 of 46,499
  I am listening to The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars, right now.

What a wonderful album.

It was even better live, in person. 
wink_face.gif
 ( Yes, I'm an old fart. )

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #31,929 of 46,499

What a wonderful album.

It was even better live, in person. 
wink_face.gif
 ( Yes, I'm an old fart. )

From one ol' fart to another : You're a lucky ol' fart ! 

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #31,932 of 46,499
To get somewhat back on topic, back in those days I did my "headfi " with Sennheiser HD 414s. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #31,933 of 46,499
Jan 12, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #31,935 of 46,499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back