Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #26,551 of 46,499
Hello. I bought my 650 used from a Head fi fellow here.

I can't be more happy. I love the openness and sweetness of the sound.

I'm felling this is the endgame for me.

I'm having difficulties to stop listening my favorite music with them and my Asgard II.

:):):):):):):)

Endgame......we all say that....

:D

Enjoy!

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #26,552 of 46,499

I'm having difficulties to stop listening my favorite music with them and my Asgard II.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Endgame......we all say that....

biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

+1 I must have posted at least three different times over the last 2 years that I had found my end game.  I'm presently waiting for my GS-X MK2 
biggrin.gif
 = 
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #26,554 of 46,499

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

+1
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #26,555 of 46,499
I cannot believe how fast this thread moves. I logged in last night - 150+ new posts. Tonight, after having read ever.single.new.reply, I see there are 50 new posts. This thread is a full time job. Thanks, guys.

Oh and BTW I still love my ember + loki + 650 setup!

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #26,556 of 46,499
Great headphone that attracts well grounded people!! :wink:

I love the way that the thread twists and turns with none of yer usual noses in the air because a post dared to move off topic!!! That's what has made it so good imo.

I use the Polaris a lot with mine and the briliant Ifi DAC/amp. Both very high powered and make the Senn sing.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #26,557 of 46,499
Ladies and Gentlemen, 

may I present to you my latest acquisition (paid roughly $150):

It's a Sansui AU-2200 from the golden era of Sansui - where Sansui was truly great.

This specific Amp is from 1974 and the headphone out drives my HD650 and a borrowed LCD-X beautifully. The headphone out struggles a bit with the HE-560 with bass heavy songs at high volume but that one needs a lot of power. However, I wanted to use it with the HE-Adapter running balanced from the speaker taps...let's see how that will work out.

The HD650 sounds amazing with this amp fed out of my Conductor - and every single piece of the amp is made of metal, really feels good.

Temporary setup until I have my new rack. :wink:

Cheers,
K

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #26,558 of 46,499

Oh the Crack should do the trick with the 800s.  If it can real in the T1, I don't see the 800 standing a chance of escaping.....
biggrin.gif

Pipe in now you bugger - the deal didn't happen lol. Might have even sprung for the BHA-1 with it but someone beat me to it! Anyone want to sell me their 800's? Got a feeling I'll end up there anyways. I have some of the top cans, just need one with a big-ass soundstage to complete the mix. My AKG's sorta have that, but.....

One thing is for certain.....you will get the sound stage that is huge...and what is wonderful is...that the instrument the farthest away from you in the sound stage...sounds so freakin good...the detail of that instrument is just plain off the hook  
smile.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

It's a Sansui AU-2200 from the golden era of Sansui - where Sansui was truly great.

This specific Amp is from 1974 and the headphone out drives my HD650 and a borrowed LCD-X beautifully. The headphone out struggles a bit with the HE-560 with bass heavy songs at high volume but that one needs a lot of power. However, I wanted to use it with the HE-Adapter running balanced from the speaker taps...let's see how that will work out.

The HD650 sounds amazing with this amp fed out of my Conductor - and every single piece of the amp is made of metal, really feels good.

Cheers,
K

Very, very nice.....for the life of me....I have no idea why more people dont go this route for very hard to drive cans......these good vintage receivers had it all.....yeah, they are big and heavy...but they are also of wonderful quality and cover all bases.

Congrats on your purchase.

Jul 2, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #26,559 of 46,499
  Ladies and Gentlemen, 

Cheers,
K

Very nice vintage steel. I have the AU-717. It's good with the 650 but there is a little hiss. With planar mags the Sansui is brilliant. 

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #26,562 of 46,499

Did you end up going? Really crazy ending after England pushed so hard in the second half! Would have dropped by if we had more time, but had to drive back last night.

Nope, saw it on TV. Yeah, England has a history of finding a way to lose. Painful, I feel for that player who kicked it in to her own net.
Next time, give me a PM heads-up before you come by. Will be happy to see ya.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #26,565 of 46,499
  Ladies and Gentlemen, 

'grats man! I fondly remember those days too - my dad was a bit of an audiophile back then, and even though I wasn't into headphones I still remember the deep musicality of some of those early beasts from the days of hi-fi. Even at low levels they just dripped power and warmth. Back when a "loudness" button and bass-and-treble dials were all you had and all you needed. I remember some vintage Tannoys he had brought with him from England when he emigrated - can't imagine what they'd be to have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back