1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tangsta, Sep 24, 2006.
First

Back
2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868
2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876
Next

Last
  1. DavidA
    I've always considered the HD650/HD6XX as one of the more forgiving of poorly recorded tracks compared to something like the HD700, HD800 and pretty much any Grado. While I haven't heard a DT770 in a long time I still have my DT990 premium and to me its really unforgiving of poor recording compared to my HD650/6XX and even HD58X. I think once you hear other headphones that are even more unforgiving than the HD650 you may realize why most consider the HD650 fairly forgiving of poor recordings.

Oteil likes this.
  2. megabigeye
    I've always found it amazing that Sennheiser sells the stock 6.3mm cable for $11 and the balanced cable for $240. Isn't that the same cable with a different connector?! That's one freakin' expensive connector!
    Not a bad idea to just mod a stock cable if you're thinking of DIYing. That way you don't have to fiddle with the little Sennheiser connectors.

tafens likes this.
  3. dakanao
    Honestly, they can be forgiving or unforgiving depending on how you fit them on your head.

There is some annoying 4khz resonance, if the fit isn't ''right'' (with these headphones, meaning if you don't angle the cups) that can easily make non-perfect recordings shouty and unrefined in the upper mids.

4. boblauer
    If you're looking for a stock HD650 cable in other terminations or lengths check out Audio Advisor or Music Direct, I got 2 last year closed out, 1 1.2m in a 3.5 and a 3m in 3.5 for $25 total. Sounds pretty much the same as an aftermarket one using 4 pin XLR balanced out of my Liquid Carbon. Just IMO.

megabigeye likes this.
  5. WilcoRoger
    From my experience with these guys, you are correct, it's probably the same cable. They even included the cut off original termination in the package - an it was all in the original Sennheiser retail plastic packaging (opened, obviously)

6. TDL-speakers
    Just wondering. Has anyone had the chance to compare a Ireland made 650 to the new Romanian made ones?

S.

7. CaptainFantastic
    Yes, Mike F in the 660s thread. So same situation. No QC or other issues at all noted.

Jones Bob likes this.
  8. TDL-speakers
    Can you link me to Mike F's post please. Thanks.

S.

9. auronthas
    Hi, how good pairing is iDSD Micro BL with HD650 ? Please share your thoughts, view about this combo if you have experienced.

10. Ichos
    I have experienced the previous iFi micro not the black and I liked it a lot.
    Smooth and organic almost analog sounding with good technical ability.
    But still this is from memory as it was a few years ago.

auronthas likes this.
  11. HungryPanda
    I have the black label and HD650 at work and they sound just great

auronthas and trellus like this.
  12. auronthas
    Ichos likes this.
  13. Acke
    can you give an example of ''poorly recorded tracks''?
    IME poorly recorded music is extremely rare, if music sounds ''poor'' (lacking detail? harsh?) it has always been a deficiency in the playback chain.
    You could call this music ''challenging'' rather than ''poor''... if it was truly poor it would get worse with better gear but that was never the case for me.

14. penmarker
    One extreme example is Damien Rice's My Favourite Faded Fantasy album. Listen through the whole album, some tracks are recorded/mixed/mastered badly and it shows. Objectively bad, not a sound signature or subjective thing.

trellus and Acke like this.
  15. limaaa
    Hi guys,

I can't decide to buy Meze 99 Classic or HD6xx? HD6xx cost 100€ less.

Please help me decide :)

Thanks!

Quadfather likes this.
First

Back
2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868
2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876
Next

Last