1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tangsta, Sep 24, 2006.
  1. erich6
    Back on the 6XX and 58X comparison, if you find the 6XX mids too forward the 58X might work for you as I find their mid presentation slightly less forward than the 6XX. The 58X has a more intimate soundstage but much better instrument separation. I don't ever notice the "grain" in the 58X and I think I've only heard it when concentrating very hard and listening for it...though I may have imagined it. The bass and subbass on the 58X is infinitely better and more extended than the 6XX. I also found the 58X more resolving and responsive than the 6XX which some find too "smooth" (I actually like the smoothness).

I really liked the 6XX but I prefer the 58X which I now listen with almost exclusively. Works great on my Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp.

LazyListener likes this.
  2. konstanzzz
    does anyone know where to get memory foam replacement headband padding?

thanks.

3. HungryPanda
  4. dakanao
    Wanna trade my Canare L-4E5C mini star quad cable ($70 worth) for free against your HD 6xx cable, for anyone reading this?

5. bkboy12
    Does anyone know how the Sennheiser 650s work when paired with a Pioneer XDP-300r DAP? The headphones are listed as 300 ohms, and the 300r has an impedance of 16-300 ohms unbalanced. Thanks in advance.

6. castleofargh Contributor
    if their specs mean 75mW achievable into any load from 16 to 300ohm then you're clear for basic power concerns into this headphone. but if the specs mean anything else, then IDK.

bkboy12 likes this.
  7. SteveOliver
    I just tested this combo. At maximum volume the levels are OK. I'm listening to Sade - Diamond Life as I type this and it sounds nice, also on the plus side I don't think you will ever damage your hearing with this pairing but for classical stuff with more dynamic range, the quiet bits will most probably be too quiet. This is SE balanced may be louder but I don't have a balanced cable for the HD650.

bkboy12 likes this.
  8. castleofargh Contributor
    when I read that somebody is listening to Sade, "no matter no matter what colooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, youuuuuuuuuuuuuu are still my brother." I say. ^_^

Krutsch, claud W and SteveOliver like this.
  9. bkboy12

Thanks! I appreciate your response. This is what the 300r spec sheet says: “75 mW + 75 mW (Unbalanced: 16 - 300 Ω).”

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. bkboy12
    This is good to know. Thanks so much.

11. paulindss
    It works. But you would be even better with the balanced output. You can buy cheap balanced cables for the Senn 6 series on aliexpress.

bkboy12 likes this.
  12. bkboy12
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. paulindss
    bkboy12 likes this.
  14. JKDJedi
    Been wanting to hear the HD6XX with the Darkvoice amp for a long time.. So I finally gave in and ordered it on my birthday last week. :) Going with diffrent power and preamp tubes from the get go. (Tung-Sol) tubes come in Mondat and amp will be in Thursday.. Gonna burn in the preamp tube 72 hours before intial listen, with a glass of wine of course. My HD6XX had suddenly revealed its small soundstage finally. I had been playing with 2 diffrent cans for 3 weeks, Hifiman 400i and modded Fostex T20 and both have super wide soundstage compared to the Senhieser. So the Darkvoice to the rescue.. Want to hear what all the hype is about with these tubed amps, and nothing but excellent reviews here on Head Fi.

Brainiac9000 likes this.
  15. Brainiac9000
    You’re in for a treat. Enjoy!

JKDJedi likes this.