Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #31,951 of 46,499
  My God, we have a bunch of children here.  I'm 66 and feel every day of it.  LOL

As for Elvis, him and Wayne Newton are tied for King of the Las Vegas sellout acts.
As for the Kings of Rock and Roll, we have Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, maybe a few more I'm missin.

For me: Roy Orbison.  What a voice and great ballades.

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #31,952 of 46,499
I had these for about half a year, a while ago, then sold them and tried out a bunch of other headphones, but I'm gonna buy me these again, as they're still among my favorite headphones if not my favorite of all the headphones that I've tried, even with its warm sound (but I don't mind it that much, it's still close enough to neutrality).

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #31,953 of 46,499

I was born in '74. Old enough to appreciate the internet. I have a baby face and I never got married or had kids, so I've aged well. When I first started working at the new job, I was getting looks and flirting from the mid-20s RNs on the new unit...until they learned that I was in my 40s. LOL. Ah well, what would we talk about, anyway?

Geez, NEVER reveal your age to potential mates! Especially on a (geriatric?) ward! 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #31,954 of 46,499

Geez, NEVER reveal your age to potential mates! Especially on a ward!

What, it's not gonna come out eventually? Also, happily girlfriended at the moment. The extra attention is always nice, but I just can't deal with 20-something dating drama.

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #31,956 of 46,499
  Holy ****, I feel so young with my almost-30 years. But i still listen to the same music you 60-plus guys do haha.

Fix that, man. There is good music being made now and even decent recordings, you just have to sift through a lot of dross to find it.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #31,958 of 46,499
I'm 52 and most of the music I listen to is new or released in recent years, however none of the new music is rock. Mostly classical, jazz and blues. There is a lot of good music still coming out in those areas with very good sound quality. As far as rock music goes, most of what I like came out before or shortly after I was born.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #31,959 of 46,499
44 here. I'm a big classic rock guy and was in a musical rut for years, convinced that all new music sucked after maybe the mid to late 90's. Consequently, I stopped listening like I used to and sold off my high end gear (so glad I didn't sell my Thorens turntable and hd580's) and switched to HT gear. A couple years ago a buddy let me listen to a Porcupine Tree album on his Hd600's and modi/Asgard and I was blown away by the music and sound quality. Down the rabbit hole again, but this time much cheaper with headphone gear lol. I'm even starting to like some 70's prog, which is crazy because I always turned my nose up at those bands. It's been fun discovering new music and really listening again after all these years.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #31,960 of 46,499
44 here. I'm a big classic rock guy and was in a musical rut for years, convinced that all new music sucked after maybe the mid to late 90's. Consequently, I stopped listening like I used to and sold off my high end gear (so glad I didn't sell my Thorens turntable and hd580's) and switched to HT gear. A couple years ago a buddy let me listen to a Porcupine Tree album on his Hd600's and modi/Asgard and I was blown away by the music and sound quality. Down the rabbit hole again, but this time much cheaper with headphone gear lol. I'm even starting to like some 70's prog, which is crazy because I always turned my nose up at those bands. It's been fun discovering new music and really listening again after all these years.

American Indy music is awful now. They moved away from sincerity to the glossy sounds of the 80s (that music was bad enough back then, why bring it back?) and lyrics with zero emotional depth. My music that isn't instrumental has got to have lyrics with some sort of depth or I'm just out.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #31,961 of 46,499
Never been, and probably never will be an Indy fan. And I'm with ya man, with the exception of a few good bands, the 80's were a pretty bad decade for music and the early digital recordings can sound pretty horrible...

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #31,962 of 46,499
You want emotional depth, listen to Steven Wilson's The Raven That Refused to Sing. I'm 6 foot, 240 lb mostly muscle, mans man kind of guy that my wife says has only slightly more emotion than a robot lol, and I've had tears coming down my face a few times listening to that album...

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #31,964 of 46,499
You want emotional depth, listen to Steven Wilson's The Raven That Refused to Sing. I'm 6 foot, 240 lb mostly muscle, mans man kind of guy that my wife says has only slightly more emotion than a robot lol, and I've had tears coming down my face a few times listening to that album...

Not on streaming anywhere. Maybe YouTube, but....ick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back