Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #1,756 of 46,499
Thanks , appreciate your effort!
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #1,757 of 46,499

Quote:
i plan on buying this headphone, are there multiple versions from it ? if so is one better than the others ? also i have a m-stage will it be ok with the opa627/class A mod or should i switch to the stock 2134 ?

Just buy a new pair from a good company. At one point in time, Sennheiser made some slight changes that actually made a substantial difference. They used to be kind of bloated with "rolled off" highs and now they are more neutral, to the best of my knowledge, more like the HD600. 

I don't know all of that for fact, but it's what I can gather from this forum. I bought the HD650 from HeadRoom a few months back and they sound great to me... no bloated lows or rolled off highs. They can actually be slightly lean in the bottom end and they are quite sparkly. Call HeadRoom and they'll give you a better price!

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #1,759 of 46,499
Finally got my Little Dot MKIII today. Paired it up with a Little Dot Dac II and all I can say is that these babies are godly lol
dt880smile.png
. There's not much else I can say that nobody else has but I will say this, I can see myself loving these for a long time, they feel like they have so much potential and it's just a nice feeling coming from other headphones I've had and/or heard.

By the way, this is my first tube amp. One of the smaller tubes, I believe the non power ones, has dimmer light than its partner tube. Is this something to be concerned with?

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #1,762 of 46,499

Quote:
Alright, well come up to my place and listen to my setup. You can't judge my subjective experience, pp.

As a HeadRoom amp owner, I'm with you.  Perhaps it's the amp.  It synergizes so well with so many cans.  It's my prized possession.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #1,763 of 46,499
i have a little dot mk2 and the combination with the hd650 is better than the audio-gd c-2c to my ears. better rendition of acoustic and vocal heavy music! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Finally got my Little Dot MKIII today. Paired it up with a Little Dot Dac II and all I can say is that these babies are godly lol
dt880smile.png
. There's not much else I can say that nobody else has but I will say this, I can see myself loving these for a long time, they feel like they have so much potential and it's just a nice feeling coming from other headphones I've had and/or heard.

By the way, this is my first tube amp. One of the smaller tubes, I believe the non power ones, has dimmer light than its partner tube. Is this something to be concerned with?

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,764 of 46,499

Quote:

As a HeadRoom amp owner, I'm with you.  Perhaps it's the amp.  It synergizes so well with so many cans.  It's my prized possession.

I'm with you. I haven't had a single regret after buying it. I've stopped looking at other amps all together. The 650s really shine through it.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #1,765 of 46,499
My 650s cracked right down the middle and are now being held by tape
frown.gif
I knew that plastic frame would give in eventually.. Fortunately it doesn't affect the sound, but it does make me want to start shopping for a replacement, which is bad, in a way
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #1,766 of 46,499

Quote:
Lean and sparkly? Hmmm.....no.

If comparing to the K701...I feel it is more "sparkly" in the top end, but not as sparkly as the HD800.

If compared to the LCD2 it definitely is insufficient in the sub bass - and, yes it would sound leaner than the LCD2.

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #1,767 of 46,499
I must say, lean and sparkly are the last two adjectives I would use to describe the HD650s.

My KSC-75 clips are sparkly.

My RE0 IEMs are lean.

My HD650s are neither.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #1,768 of 46,499
Of course. C'mon, guys, I've run screaming from most of the "lean and sparkly" headphones that people rave about around here (AKG 702, Beyer DT880, AT AD900 etc, etc). The 650 is in a different universe from those babies. With the right amp and aftermarket cable you can get sufficient and natural treble with well-controlled bass, but "lean and sparkly"? No.  

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,770 of 46,499
Just ordered the HD650 
beerchug.gif

Will use unamped first, and in a few months... Lafigaro 339 is high on my list
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back