Sennheiser HD650 Driver Repair?
Jan 10, 2021 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Lucas Taboada

Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

The right driver of my Sennheiser HD650 is dead, it simple stopped working without any kind of noise.

The wire inside de driver seems intact and the spring that fits with the cable connector seems ok too, I've tried to get it more tight but it doesn't made any difference.

Anyone knows what could be causing the driver to not play any sound? I have some experience with DIY In ears, so in theory I could repair if possible and I knew what is causing this, but I don't wanna tear the driver apart to find out if not needed.

Unfortunately I can't just replace with a new one because spare parts aren't available in my country, and importing from another place will cost too much.

Any thoughts?

IMG_7468.jpg

Jan 16, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Is it possible to open the membrane and change the wire? I have plenty of litzwire that would probably work.

Quite easy to open membrane of hd650..Use destilled water + soap.. The problem is when you reinstall the membrane. 70% change of getting rub and buzz, a crackling noise on bass section around 63,80,120hz. Due too not precise in installing membrane (voice coil touching magnet)

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 10
Quite easy to open membrane of hd650..Use destilled water + soap.. The problem is when you reinstall the membrane. 70% change of getting rub and buzz, a crackling noise on bass section around 63,80,120hz. Due too not precise in installing membrane (voice coil touching magnet)

Thanks! So, destilled water + soap to remove the membrane glue? How to glue it again when reinstalling? I'm really thinking about trying that, I've got nothing to lose since the driver don't produce any sound.

There's any type of tutorial for open a headphone membrane? even if it's other model I think it could help.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks! So, destilled water + soap to remove the membrane glue? How to glue it again when reinstalling? I'm really thinking about trying that, I've got nothing to lose since the driver don't produce any sound.

There's any type of tutorial for open a headphone membrane? even if it's other model I think it could help.

My video of my own.

For Dynamic Driver Repair :

For Planar Trace Repair :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back