Sennheiser HD600 special edition?
Nov 2, 2002 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
Some time ago in this forum there was talk (a rumour perhaps) about special edition HD600 from Sennheiser.

Did this turn out to be a red herring or are such things planned?

Everything I hear about HD580 Jubilee from my friends indicate that it was a great step above the original HD580. It was a special edition with limited run and turned out to be HD600 later on.

Now, if Sennheiser would do the same for HD600, I wouldn't mind it
smily_headphones1.gif

Any inside info anyone?

On a related note, is it me, but have most headphone manufacturers (excluding Audio Technica) ground to a stand still in their high end product releases?

Beyerdynamic has DT880 coming out, Sennheiser has nothing (?), Sony has nothing, Grado has nothing...

I would have guessed that with all the HTRF and psychoacoustic measurement techniques in the past 10 years there would be a wealth of new knowledge based on which to build a new set of great headphones.

Maybe the market just isn't there?

regards,
Halcyon

PS This site is making me dizzy. I thought I had it nailed down with one set of phones. Now I have one set of closed, one set of open, one set of ear canal and possibly even one set of electrostatics on the "want to have" list. I think I need to seek professional advice soon...

Nov 2, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Todd and Jude both heard on their recent trip to Ireland what Sennheiser has planned for the near future. They committed not to disclose any information until Sennheiser makes a public announcement.

Remain patient and I imagine that all will be announced before too long.

Nov 3, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 3
from headwize main page:
Quote:

10/25/2002: Sennheiser GmbH and William Demant Holding announced the formation of Sennheiser Communications to provide acoustic and electronic headset products. The company will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Sennheiser Communications' new product range will be introduced at the CeBit 2003 fair in Hanover, Germany, March 12, 2003.

seems to me itd be awhile yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back