Sennheiser HD600 audio driver replacement
Apr 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

greenleaves

Head-Fier
It was a bad day. My HD600 right headphone went wrong, there was no sound coming out from it. I opened the driver to try to fix the loosen connector and the connecting wire. The wire was so thin that I broke it. I tried in vain to fix it but no success.

I tried the Sennhesier website to find the replacement audio driver for the headphone but no avail. Wonder if anyone knows of a source for the driver where I can order for the replacement? Thanks ...

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 5
You might be able to repair the wire yourself with better tools. couple of croc clips and another small piece of wire and you could bridge the break.

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 5
The replacement driver finally arrived today. I ordered it through the Sennhesier web site last Thursday. It has a white screen which is different from the original one. Well, it's now in burn in mode. Hopefully it will pair well with its twin. My initial impression is good so far. Many thanks for the info.

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The replacement driver finally arrived today. I ordered it through the Sennhesier web site last Thursday. It has a white screen which is different from the original one. Well, it's now in burn in mode. Hopefully it will pair well with its twin. My initial impression is good so far. Many thanks for the info.

You've got the "new" versoin of the acoustic element/driver (compared to the "old" version with the black silk fabric).

If you're going to use just one "new" version element/driver you should be able to compare the sound of the "old" vs "new" versions.

Let us know - what you find... if... you can tell a difference.

To me, the "new" version sounds much brighter, than the "old" version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back