Sennheiser HD598c is sounding awful, help me please
Feb 28, 2017 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mustainized

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
My HD598c arrived today but when I listened with it, it sounds so bad. I'm not a headphone hater, it sounds like defected. I don't know how a defected headphone sounds but it sounds so much steamy... Is it about burn in? I had my AKG K612 two months ago but when I first listened it, it was only like less bass. Ideas?

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Senn HD598CS or other model?
What sources are you plugging the HD598C into?

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi,
My HD598c arrived today but when I listened with it, it sounds so bad. I'm not a headphone hater, it sounds like defected. I don't know how a defected headphone sounds but it sounds so much steamy... Is it about burn in? I had my AKG K612 two months ago but when I first listened it, it was only like less bass. Ideas?
I understand your not a native English speaker so first off it is defective and steamy must mean hiss I guess. I would think it is not the headphone and more about your source as in your amp and dac if you have them than two different headphones sounding that bad if that is what you mean.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi,
My HD598c arrived today but when I listened with it, it sounds so bad. I'm not a headphone hater, it sounds like defected. I don't know how a defected headphone sounds but it sounds so much steamy... 

Is it hot like steam in a sauna (which I guess has less to do with sound but more with how uncomfortable they are) or do you mean "steamy" as in "sultry," like if Norah Jones is playing you feel like she's telling you to come on over and crawl into bed with her?

If it's the latter that's probably how it sounds like, ie, trimmed off treble. Imagine Salt Bae slicing the high frequencies off and dropping his own salt on it, except if he's not your type imagine it's whoever your type is doing it his way (but of course not necessarily to you liking).

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 5
Okay, I am stupid. I realized that I didn't insert the detachable cable correctly. It needs a little bit pressure to sit. You have to hear a "tick" sound. After that, you turn the cable and it's locked.
Thank you for your attention and I am sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back