Sennheiser HD598 =/= Koss KSC75 Kramer modded?
Jun 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jazic

1000+ Head-Fier
I've loved the KSC75 for years and their sound sig is one of my favorites. I'm hoping to upgrade to something similar but with more presence and detail. I have a pair of grado sr60s with Lpads but I still keep coming back to the KSC75. I do like how the sr60s have more impact if even not quite as detailed on the higher end.

Mainly in wondering if the HD598s would fill that void and if there were any more suggestions. I love punchy bass but not bloated bass. Smooth mid range with detailed high end is always my preference.

Thanks in advance!

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 3
When you used the ksc75's did you ever use any sort of amp with them? I ask this because their sound unamped I felt was noticeably different vs amped. 

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 3
When you used the ksc75's did you ever use any sort of amp with them? I ask this because their sound unamped I felt was noticeably different vs amped. 

Mostly just out of my PC but that's with a SB Titanium XFi Pro at work and a SB ZxR (very kick ass sound card) at home and a SB E1 amp on the go. So yeah I like Creative products. They are tuned to my ears so if they suck then you've never heard a ZxR. :p

But yeah, I do run them amped often. They sound better obviously but not drastically different. Bass is more airy and high end is more crisp and detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back