1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD598 help

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by stick4, Oct 16, 2011.
  1. stick4
    hello head-fi forum.
    Im pretty new here and i just bought a pair of 598 and ive got a small problem,i think the left ear is harder than the right,does someone have mono-channel sounds that can be used for me to test if my headphones are indeed unbalanced since i got them pretty cheap of the internet(150€) so maybe their fake or its just a production fault (i got them from bax-shop so maybe someone knows if their fake or should i just return them and ask a new pair.And ive also been wondering if its a burn-in issue 0.o since ive had some headphones once that were slightly louder on the right but as time passed they got equalized or i just stopped noticing the difference.thanks alot hope someone can help me

2. Hifianddrumming
     What source are you using? If you're using a bad source then sometimes you will have that problem. I've never heard of BAX shop but I'll look into it. If it really gets bad, you could use a channel balance in sound preferences (I know you can do that on macs), until you can get a new pair.

3. stick4
    im using my laptop right now as a source (ill buy an amp soon since i heard it helps alot fiio e7 is good right?) and i use flac files so quality isn't the issue it might just be my ears ill ask a friend tommorow to listen if he hears a difference and is there some music/sound file that i can try out to see if their even?thanks alot and i can balance it i guess and i just registered my headphones (used the serial number)and sennheiser accepted it so they must be real 0.o and bax-shop is dutch but alot of people know it and they sell lots of studio equipment so i dont think its fake 0.o i could return it to bax and ask for a new pair (i hope they will say yes :D)