Sennheiser HD570s. Got some questions about them.
Apr 18, 2004 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mtbaird5687

100+ Head-Fier
Aight, i just found a deal on a forum from a member selling some HD570s for $60 shipped

judging by prices ive seen online i said yes to the deal and hes going to ship them to me in the coming week. questions:

did i do ok in this deal? i didnt get fleeced did i?

how are these headphones for .mp3s and gaming? this is what they will be mainly used for

will my soundcard be able to power the phones also?

thanks guys

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 11
ok well i have a surround sound reciever i will try to run them through also

i have NO experience with good quality headphones, most of what ive used are just low cost junkyish $20 ones at the most. im looking for some good quality ones

will these be ok for me? i havent had experience with really nice headphones so i dunno if i will be as upset with the problems being mentioned.

lemee know if ive made a BIG mistake and ill try to fix it fast

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 11
They're nice for gaming, although I can see why some people would prefer something like the dt 250-80 over it. It's easy to pinpoint gunshot direction with these. But if you want to "feel" the explosions, stay away from these headphones, as iron_dreamer stated these are POWER hungry, I am able to get a higher volume out of my HD-580s plugged directly into the soundcard than with these.

$60 isn't a bad price, but it isn't a steal either. I bought mine off ecost for $53 with shipping, but they were refurbs.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 11
he was asking $70 first so im glad i got him to $60

i read some more reviews online and they were mainly good.

my theory is that most of yall hear use high end stuff all the time so when a product lke the 570s have some flaws you can easily pick them out. ive never used high end stuff so im guessing that they wont be as prevelant to me. *crosses fingers*

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 11
Once you get them, listen to them and see if YOU like them. If you like them, then everything is OK.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 11
I can see these cans being useful for gaming, provided you give them enough power (they are the hungriest cans I've ever seen). They will likely be very unkind on the treble compression of mp3's though, but they are very comfortable, so....since you've never had any good cans, they will likely sound pretty good. Just never go to a head-fi meet, or you can kiss your wallet goodbye
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I can see these cans being useful for gaming, provided you give them enough power (they are the hungriest cans I've ever seen). They will likely be very unkind on the treble compression of mp3's though, but they are very comfortable, so....since you've never had any good cans, they will likely sound pretty good. Just never go to a head-fi meet, or you can kiss your wallet goodbye
biggrin.gif

Yeah really... my step-father is very happy with his, but he really hasn't heard even my stuff much less a really nice setup...

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:44 AM Post #9 of 11
Despite the Hd-570's flaws I think they are a little under rated on this forum. The Hd-570's were my first decent quality headphone, and I am glad that they were. They gave me an rough idea of how the Sennheisers sounded. Because of this I then moved on, I sold my 570's and bought a Perreaux SXH1 and some HD-650's. If I had initially bought the HD-580's then I may have been satasfied and never had the chance to experience the HD-650's :650smile:

For gaming the 570's are very good. When your playing competitively online or on LAN you don’t care about 'feeling the explosions'. The only problem with the 570's and LAN gaming i found was their lack of isolation. This was mainly a problem for me when competing in Quake 3 competitions over LAN.

For non-audiophiles the 570's will sound fine, for gamers the 570's will sound fine however if you do become an audiophile or are a competitive gamer then you may want to look elsewhere.

Apr 18, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 11
ok thanks for the imput guys,i think these will be fine for me, and if they arent ill probably be able to find a buyer easily

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #11 of 11
I prefer to use the HD570 for gaming over all of the other headphones I own or have owned. I don't use them for music much though. I've bought and sold quite a few headphones but don't plan on getting rid of the HD570 any time soon. I hope you enjoy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back