Sennheiser HD497 replacement cable?
Nov 27, 2002 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr. Audio

New Head-Fier
I own the Senn HD497s and hate the crappy cable that came with them. I was wondering if anyone had made their own cable for the 497s or if there was someone was selling a replacement cable. I doubt that there is a replacement for sale so I would like to make my own. I feel that the headphones could sound much better if they had a better cable. The plug is not gold plated and the cord is rather thin. I have not found any other posts mentioning such a cable so this message might be futile. But thanks anyway.

Nov 27, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 4
The HD-497's use the same cable port as the 590's. You could easily build a cable, or buy one premade. There is an equinox replacement cable which from what i hear is very good, albiet not cheap compared to your 497's. If i recall, there is also a cable made by steven arts called the vision 1, a more sensical investment, at around 45 dollars

May 8, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 4
My cable actually has a bad connection but I am not willing to pay 120$ for a headphone i got for 50$. Is there any other solution. Can i send them in for repair under warantee, i bought them off fleabay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back