Sennheiser HD497 cable replacement?
Mar 11, 2006 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SnipesXxX

New Head-Fier
Bought a set of Sennheiser HD497 used for $32 shipped. Well they came and the headphone jack was a little bent like it was hooked to a PC and someone tripped over the cable. Anyway if it's messed with both drivers work fine but if the cables messed with the right goes out alot and sometimes the left.

These have detachable cable which I guess is a good thing. So I was wondering how hard it is to get a replacement? Either way I will probably just ask for a refund which I am sure the dude will give me since he has good feedback. If not then I will be the first to leave a negative
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Guy said he would give a refund but I am wondering should I just ask for him to replace the cable or should I get a refund and maybe save for some HD555's? How would the HD497's with a cheap amp compare to the HD555's without a amp?

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #5 of 6
As far as I can remember when I had my 497's they were powered pretty easily by most devices. If comfort is a huge issue I would say definately go with the HD555's. The 497's are a very popular can in which few complain about. I would say if you can get the HD555's then do that as you can get a amp down the road. In the long run you will have a nicer setup and a more comfy one in my opinion. The 497's sit on your ears while I believe the 555's go around the ears. Just my 2 cents though
k1000smile.gif

Either way let us no which way you go

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 6
One of the big reasons I got the HD555's were that after about 40 minutes wearing the 497's my ears hurt (as in my ear lobes. the 497's are very un-fatiguing) . But the HD497's sound wonderful for the first 40 minutes
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back