Sennheiser HD439 , anyone have them?
May 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier
Find myself quite interested in these but have a couple of questions, are they loud enough for portable use without an amp and how much do they leak?

Any help appreciated!

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 13
Just bought these today, will review if anyone is interested.

Initial impression's are not worth much but these are very comfy and the treble detail seems  to be excellent, bass on Suuns - red song is deep and warm, nice so far, mids may be a bit sucked out.

They are loud enough for use without amp and they dont leak much.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 13
Just wore it on the VERY noisy Glasgow tube and it done ok, i would say fine for office, bus etc, not anywhere near as good as active ones. I will be testing on bust this evening on way home from work , will let you know.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 13
thanks. i ask because for some closed headphone, the isolation is not good actually but most people claim that it isolate well just because they play the muysic loud enough that it drowns external sound

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 13
Have you listened to the 438, and if so is the 439 an improvement or just a cosmetic update? I found the 438 to be the best out to the 4x8 line up according to what I like in a headphone - but I can see why people would say the 448 is better.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #8 of 13
I heard the 438 last year and liked it, from memory (so take it as you will) i think the 439 is smoother sounding with a warmer bass tone.

But it was a while ago.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm borrowing my friend's HD439's for a week (while he's holding onto my Fanny Wangs for a bit, I'm sure you can tell who got the better end of this trade) and they sound fairly neutral to my ears. Quite laid-back i suppose but their sound can suit anything IMO. I can't really speak for leakage, but I'm sure it's not too great, since they have almost no clamp, VERY comfortable, but sometimes I want that little bit more clamp for a touch more bass, but I'm a bit of a bass head.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Just bought these today, will review if anyone is interested.

Initial impression's are not worth much but these are very comfy and the treble detail seems  to be excellent, bass on Suuns - red song is deep and warm, nice so far, mids may be a bit sucked out.

They are loud enough for use without amp and they dont leak much.

Hi. Did you ever do a full review of these phones? I'm new to this site and while searching HD439 I stumbled upon this thread. If you did review them, will you kindly point me to it, please? Any specific suggestions, alterations, DIY, etc to offer about the 439s? After countless hours of searching for an under $100 pair I ordered these from Best Buy (the last place I looked lol) and am excited to try them out. Thanks! 

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Hi. Did you ever do a full review of these phones? I'm new to this site and while searching HD439 I stumbled upon this thread. If you did review them, will you kindly point me to it, please? Any specific suggestions, alterations, DIY, etc to offer about the 439s? After countless hours of searching for an under $100 pair I ordered these from Best Buy (the last place I looked lol) and am excited to try them out. Thanks! 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/614516/sennheiser-hd439-review

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #13 of 13
Something happened to my ASUS Xonar D1 and these cans turned to be amazing rendering Beyerdynamics DT770 80 ohms useless for PC use. Scene, details, textured basses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back