Sennheiser HD429 worth to buy?
Feb 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Flex3232

New Head-Fier
I saw them on the apple store and i love the design. The price is fiendly too, not too expensive, i think it was around 70-80 bucks. The other headphones are way too expensive or just some crappy 10-20 bucks.However i couldnt find any reviews on them. I found a ton for hd428, mainly positive reviews, and most of them were about the bass. So, my assumption is that hd429 is supposed to be an upgrade of hd428. Is it?

The most important factor that im considering of buying headphones is noise cancellation. Because im in a band and i play the drums. The second is sound leakage. I dont wanna expose what im hearing to other people. I saw a thread about senn hd428s sound leakage, and Post a video of it on youtube. I cant really know for sure since his head wasnt between the headphones

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 5
I've got a pair of 428's, and I think they're fantastic. They're pretty lean on bass, but not extremely so. However, they aren't very good at cancelling noise, I imagine in a band situation they'd be terrible in fact, since they don't even do a very good job cancelling noise on a bus. Sound leakage hasn't been an issue for me though. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I've got a pair of 428's, and I think they're fantastic. They're pretty lean on bass, but not extremely so. However, they aren't very good at cancelling noise, I imagine in a band situation they'd be terrible in fact, since they don't even do a very good job cancelling noise on a bus. Sound leakage hasn't been an issue for me though. 

hd400 dont have strong clamp they are comfortable long-session listening. Tend to have sufficient passive noise supression, but not tight-fit dead silent like most DJ phone. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Noise leakage are true. I have this one and sound is leaking pretty much at moderate level. Noise cancelling is not on the manufacturer line, it is not working that good in an outdoor ambience such as public train or bus. I guess it is designed for a comfortably use of indoor and long time listening. The bass is smooth as it said, but if you want a bit floating bass, I guess there is possible mod for it *I haven't try it but really going for it. But for the price, I guess you can find a competitive brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back