1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD428 coming and trying to find a entry level budget tube amp.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by warriorsl, Apr 9, 2011.
  1. WarriorSl
    So, my first headphone is arriving, a Sennheiser HD428, I've only had IEMs for the time being, I'm with a pair of RE0 now.
    A lot of people say that HD428 need amp to sound good as hell, so I'm searching a budget and entry level amp, the problem is that I don't have too much space for stuff, so I was willing to find a amp that works both for my PC and my turntable, I have a phono pre-amp with two channels in, so I've wondered about connecting both PC and turntable into the pre-amp and then to the tube amp, does that make sense? The pre-amp can switch between line and phone btw.
    So the choices I came up is to buy that cheap ebay bravo audi tube amp, or to spend more for a little dot one, the problem is that, since they're headphone amps by conception, will they work good with my turntable > phone pre-amp? Do the output jack can be used with little speakers or just headphones sound good?