Sennheiser HD360 Pro = PX360?
Nov 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

battleaxe

100+ Head-Fier
So, I went to a local Best Buy today and just purchased the Sennheiser HD360 Pro on sale for $100. Right next to them were the identically spec'ed and looking PX360. No one at the store could tell me what the differences between the two were in terms of SQ, and they didn't have any extra to open up so I can try both. Since the 360 Pro look and were spec'ed the same I thought I'd get them and save the $50. Odd thing is Sennheiser's website the HD360 Pro isn't even listed, even after a search. Only place that seems to carry them is Best Buys musical department. Now my question is, are these two really just the same head cans, or is there a tonal difference between the two? How do they(either the PX or HD) stack up against the AKG k450/1? 

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 95
Quote:
Odd thing is Sennheiser's website the HD360 Pro isn't even listed, even after a search.

But they do.  Under professional headphones.  First click on "professional audio", then professional headphones and headsets and finally professional headphones.  

Why are headphone manufacturers always setting up their websites like this? Why not have everything on one big page like the online stores?

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 95
Yeah I checked there too, but no go. Maybe it is not on their US site or something?
I don't see it there at all. There is the 380 Pro, but that's a differnt model.  
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/professional_headphones-headsets_headphones

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 95
I think the HD360Pro are more optimized for mobile device than the PX360, though I'm not sure. I emailed Sennheiser about the difference different the HD360Pro and the PX360, hopely they will reply back.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 95
That is what they assumed at BB too, but since both were identical spec wise it was hard to tell. The HD360 Pro were at the musical instrument section of Best Buy, while the PX360 were at Magnolia section. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 95
They replied back. They said they not aware of any Sennheiser product that is called the HD360Pro. So I'm guess Bestbuy did something with the HD360Pro, though I don't know why.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 95
I guess its a HD360 best buy edition :D

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 95
Maybe somebody made a packaging error then best buy just put them up like they got them but they are really the px 360's because I have a pair of the hd 360's and they're like real sennheiser headphones

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 95
Don't really know the difference. But in respond to those that think HD360 Pro is BestBuy only or doesn't really exist, it's actually on the Sennheiser website: http://store.sennheiserusa.com/store/sennheis/en_US/pd/ThemeID.10315700/productID.272152300

May 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 95
No impressions on these?
Edit: just noticed that they look identical to the MM550 bluetooth headphones.  Bluetooth-less version tweaked for studio use?

May 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 95
Hello my name is adam i work at sennheiser and am one of the architect/engineers that built the origional PX 360 headphones. I can confirm that the HD 360 profesional headphones are different. In fact the only similarity between the two is the outer casing. The reason the case is the same is from an over stock. We had them sitting around so i started to tink with the headphones i was able to take the speakers from a pair of 380 pros and modify them to fit inside of a pair of px 360s because i like the mobility and coftortability of them. But at the same time i wanted to get more out of the px 360s so essentially the hd 360 pros are the casing of a px 360 but the sound of a 380 pro. You will not find these headphones on the sennheiser website as they were never meant to become largely produced. Whats really funny is when i see reviews online like on best buys website that say that these headphones are a far cry from the 380s. They are virtually the same product at a cheaper price. I will check back to this thread in a week and untill then i encourage you to post any questions you have. Todays date is 5/8/13. I also encourage you to purchase a pair of these while they're still in stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back