Sennheiser HD280Pro
Jul 14, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

How long should I burn them in for?

Mine took about a week to sound their best. I didn't use them 24/7, so I can't give the exact time.

Quote:

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to have a mic put on it?

Don't know. I use a cheap clip-on(or whatever you call it) mic that I clip on my shirt.
http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/....asp?pdtno=195

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 24
I didn't like the sound of my hd280 when I first got them. Really cold and hollow sounding (whatever that means
rolleyes.gif
). After about 100 hours they started to sound much better. I think they kept changing over time as I used them but I didn't notice any major differences.
280smile.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #22 of 24
Im a headphone noob, but yeah I love these HD-280's.

Not sure I they sound better now then when I bought them, but hey its good.

Should I have an amp for them? I run them directly into my sound card on my comp.. Soundblaster Live! super old and cheap edition.

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #23 of 24
I think having a dedicated headphone amp for the HD 280s would make a difference (though it has a high enough impedance load for most portable and low-end audio devices). From what I hear, burn time is relevant, so it'll probably take me at least a year or two to see the real potential of these cans, but they already sound pretty darn sweet to me (especially that midrange!) though the price wasn't: a little over $100 after a puny $7 discount at Sam Ash.

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #24 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back