Sennheiser HD250 Linear Impressions Micro-Thread
May 13, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #182 of 543
Well, just picked one of these up today. Looks like everything is still in pretty great condition. Sound is pretty special and Agnes Obel was amazing even sitting on the bus with the general roar in the background. I look forward to running a few side by side comparisons with my srh1520...

Still trying to work out whether this for $25 is a better find than the hd580 for $20...

May 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #183 of 543
Well, just picked one of these up today. Looks like everything is still in pretty great condition. Sound is pretty special and Agnes Obel was amazing even sitting on the bus with the general roar in the background. I look forward to running a few side by side comparisons with my srh1520...

Still trying to work out whether this for $25 is a better find than the hd580 for $20...

Wait, wait... you paid $25 for HD250 and $20 for the HD580?? :O

May 29, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #185 of 543
Well, I have been thoroughly enjoying these. They make it hard to find time to listen to the srh1520's, hd580's or hd650's. It is a really great can to listen to either picking out details or just letting the music flow, a pretty rare double in my experience.

Straight out of the nano black gives enough volume for office listening and the smoothness takes a little of the edginess out of the linear.

Super happy!

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #186 of 543
Hello!!

I just got a HD250 linear 1 300Ohms from Ebay and I noticed they send it to me without the parts 11 (outside of the driver) and 13 in the picture attached.

7003067.jpg

The headphone sound is terrible, no bass at all.

Also it came with some Chinesse pads that are honestly terrible. So they might not help neither...

But with this felt disk and without this 13 part (that looks to me like a molded felt) I don't think this headphone can sound great never again...

Do you think there is any way to recover it or find those parts?

Can you upload some picture of the internals of your headphone so I can compare?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #187 of 543
Hello!!

I just got a HD250 linear 1 300Ohms from Ebay and I noticed they send it to me without the parts 11 (outside of the driver) and 13 in the picture attached.

7003067.jpg

The headphone sound is terrible, no bass at all.

Also it came with some Chinesse pads that are honestly terrible. So they might not help neither...

But with this felt disk and without this 13 part (that looks to me like a molded felt) I don't think this headphone can sound great never again...

Do you think there is any way to recover it or find those parts?

Can you upload some picture of the internals of your headphone so I can compare?

Thanks!

I've had the same problem when I got my first HD250 pair, had absolute no bass at all.
After some research, one guy that knows a sennheiser's engineer, he said that HD400 foam is the closest to the part 13.
I purchased and used the HD400 foam as an inner foam, the opening towards the ear and the closed side towards the driver, hooked up ZMF universe pads and whoola, best bass I've ever heard and my most favorite headphone of all time.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #188 of 543
I've had the same problem when I got my first HD250 pair, had absolute no bass at all.
After some research, one guy that knows a sennheiser's engineer, he said that HD400 foam is the closest to the part 13.
I purchased and used the HD400 foam as an inner foam, the opening towards the ear and the closed side towards the driver, hooked up ZMF universe pads and whoola, best bass I've ever heard and my most favorite headphone of all time.

You mean this pads?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser...ds=hd400+pads&qid=1559842608&s=gateway&sr=8-2
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whiyo-Earm...ds=hd400+pads&qid=1559842608&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #190 of 543
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #191 of 543
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #192 of 543
I don't think they would offer the parts they have for their own tests, research or product maintenance to me... I am not so confident about this headphones anyway. I paid a big amount for a headphone that is missing some parts, and I am thinking that might miss some more. I see the cup on the back have a hole and I can see felt coming out. I have seen pictures of the linear II and there is a plastic part closing this hole. Maybe the linear I is missing this part (I couldn't confirm with the pictures I have seen). But most people seems to agree that the only difference between the two headphones is a slightly different cup. So I feel I had been scamed at ebay. The parts will get to me on Monday, and if they don't do the trick the headphone will go back to their previous owner. He was selling it as a audiophile piece in excellent working order and condition. Well... I would upload the REW results here, but I am new in the forum and I don't know how to do it... Looks and sounds more like a disaster to me...

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #193 of 543
Jun 7, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #194 of 543
True

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #195 of 543
I have got the DT770 pads, they don't change much. At around 100Hz I get 92db, and then lower than that it drops in straigth line to 44db at 10Hz.

I can understand that the frequency response change if there is some part missing. But this seams to me like a really big difference to the stock. My buck that there is something wrong on this headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back