sennheiser hd25-1-ii what happened?
Jul 26, 2008 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I was looking for a new closed can and since I had had very good results with my sennheiser hd25-1 I was thinking about buying its successor the hd25-1-ii, and maybe selling if if I found something better. It is small, durable and isolates REALLY well. But now it has disappeared from all the dutch online stores and headroom as well.
Does anyone know if the hd25s have been discontinued and if sennheiser will come out wiht a new sealed can soon?
Oh yes what is the difference between the hd25-1 and the hd25-1-ii anyway?
Thanks in advance,
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 23
Jul 26, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 23
Say what?
I thought the HD25-I and the HD25-II where exactly the same, but the HD25-II had some extra assecoires
confused.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say what?
I thought the HD25-I and the HD25-II where exactly the same, but the HD25-II had some extra assecoires
confused.gif

They are. Chri5peed, were you thinking of the difference between the HD25 and HD25-SP?

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 23
Thanks for the help. I know that the hd25-1 and the hd25sp are different htings. I was indeed referring to the differences between the -1 and the -1-ii model, so not the sp models.
Anybody know what happened to them?
Anybody want to sell their hd25-1, or hd25-1-ii (no sp please)...
I really hope senn will come up with a new closed phone...
I am curious if someone has ever compared the hd25-1(ii) to the senn hd280 pro?

Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are. Chri5peed, were you thinking of the difference between the HD25 and HD25-SP?

Yes. Well headphonereviews.org only has 2 HD25s.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 23
The HD-25-1 II is superior to the HD-25-1, both sonically, and in terms of build quality, in my opinion.

If you're in Europe, you actually have even more options than those two.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 23
Hello, What do you mean that you have more options in Europe then just those two?
Anyway, I cant find the hd25-1-ii anymore, and I really think they are the ideal portable sealed headphone. Bleh
Greetings, Anouk, Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD-25-1 II is superior to the HD-25-1, both sonically, and in terms of build quality, in my opinion.

If you're in Europe, you actually have even more options than those two.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 23
I don't get it - why do people keep saying the IIs are better than the Is? They are as far as I know the same headphone, but the II supplies velour earpads as well as the leather ones. I can't see any other differences in build at all, and if there are any differences in sound no one has commented on them in other threads. Now I am confused... And having lived in Europe for a decade or so (my HD25-1s are Berlin bought), I too am not sure of what the additional portable closed alternatives are, that I can't buy elsewhere in the world. Please explain further!

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 23
Hello,
So does anyone know if these phones are discontinued or just temporary unavailable? And if they are discontinued will htere be a new phone like this by senn? I think they are really ideal for porbable use since I do not like iems after all (I recently sold my shure 530s). I havent yet been able to listen to the ultrasone hfi780s though...
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #12 of 23
I have a very hard time thinking Sennheiser has discontinued one of their most popular professional models. I'm willing to bet they will be in stock again. Also, they are still listed on HeadRoom's website, which indicates they will be available in "1 to 2 weeks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back