1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD25-1 II? But the Alessandro MS1i is screaming at me ><

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by whoelse, Jun 22, 2011.
  1. whoelse
    In my many years of HiFi System, I never venture into portable system like recently. I guess HiFi system and 2 years old kid in the house doen't mix well. Although I spend most of my time with system, I always want a set of Grado. Mostly the look and I think I will also enjoy it's sound since I like fast/transparent speakers like Monitor Audio Studio 2E and it's floor stand cousin 20SE.

Recently I kind of fall in love with Sennheiser sound. I have a set of MX580 earbud, cheap but they sound quite good actually. I went ahead to get a set of PX-200II for portability and practical reason and like it a lot too. The MX580 and PX-200II sounds so similar, I can't really tell much differences in it's sound signature. I guess this is what people call the Sennheiser sound signature.

I am thinking to get a pair of HD25-1 II because it has attain some kind of status in the Sennheiser brand and I want to have it as part of my collection. It will also do well if I connect to my main HiFi system but as of now, most of my listening pleasure is from a DAP - the Teclast T51.

Do the HD25-1 II really sounds similar to MX580 or PX-200II but maybe better or it is a totally different class all together? Can anyone give some opinion on the sound signature to PX-200II? I heard the PX-200II sounds close to HD25-1 II like a small brother.

THEN the Alessandro MS1i is screaming at me :D should I forgo the MS1i and just get the HD25-1 II or get the MS1i for different sound signature plus cheaper price?

Actually MS1i price is quite similar to PX-200II, anyone have both of this? As of music, I listen to almost anything from classical, acoustics, rock, pop, jazz less R&B.