Sennheiser HD205 VS SRH240
Mar 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jacoby

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm about to buy some new headphones. I read some review about this two headphones mentioned on the title, and I think they will be just enough for me. I'll use the headphones for watching movies and playing music (classic rock mostly), which will be more suitable for me? I have a small head if that matters. will love to get you'r help. THANKS!!

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 8
HD 205 have a very tight fit. If you place them in the righ position you can use them in a long time. But if you are used with lose models, this one will feel strange at first.

From my experience with them (they are my oldest pair of Sennheisers), these cans are having a very forward and agressive sound. Instrument separation and voices are very sharp and detailed, and while good, it can make you tired quicky if listening too loud. They are the exact opposite of the soft and smooth HD 4xx or HD 5xx series.

I haven't heard the Shures, but from what i can see in the photos, they are better made than HD 205, higher quality plastics, and if they stand to the same quality of the bigger brothers, it might be a better idea than HD 205.

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 8
I noticed that the SRH240 has a 2m cable, I'm not sure that would be long enough if I want to use it from my computer to my bed, can i extend the length of the cable ? will it hurt the sound quality ?

I think I'll have to look and test these two models and decide which one is better to my head.

thanks again everyone, will like to hear more opinions about each model.

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 8
To answer your last question- with a good quality extension cable you should be fine.  As a Shure SRH240 owner I tell you you'll find a nice clear and clean sound signutre that is a bit midrange centric-meaning vocals will come in strong, which should work well with movies.  Two possible negatives are the smaller than average soundstage and the rather bass light response.  Other than that the Shures are an excellent entry-level option.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 8
Yes, I find them comfortable and they're quite light, though you're ears might get a bit warm during long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back