sennheiser hd202 - what are their, er, big brother?
Mar 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

unclematerial

New Head-Fier
I'd dumped my hd202 'phones at my parents' place to use if over there thinking they were not up to much, but today have been stunned at the sound when used with my kobo arc tablet, just suddenly a natural sound whatever music i've played in the last hour, with the best volume of any headphones i've got here to use with this device. This doesn't stop them being a bit tight and having that cheap and overlong cable though. So does this model have a big brother that puts things right? I had the hd 215 for a day before sending them back, they sounded too midrange-biased and a bit quiet - maybe there's sennheiser phones with almost identical spec that'd suit me, in other words? In the meantime, putting another cable on is beyond my skills, but though i do stretch the hd202 between uses maybe there's a method of making the stretch permanent without risk of a slapstick accident and burns from molten plastic?

Thanks.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm guessing you enjoy the bass that they offer? I always found them a bit muddy. The HD439 are very comfortable and will offer a bit more clarity compared to the 202, and they have a good bit of bass as well. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Not the bass especially, it's just that trying them with the tablet they were for the first time not irritating in terms of frequency bias in the way that even my beyers costing five times as much are. Anyway, i've read some amazon reviews of the 439 and will consider them. Apparently they too have a long cable though. A metre will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back