Sennheiser HD 900... (?) Rumors
Aug 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #76 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy hell wait a second, when the hell did those come out and why the hell havent I heard ANYTHING about them !!! *eyeballs SHR840s and wonders if these are inferior.

Id stay away. I'm selling mine, for an IEM change. The SQ is so so, and when u think about it, as the PXC 350 is 100 bucks less just cause of the lack of talkthrough and some other extremely small changes, think about how much the Sound cancelling is worth. Then think about how much the design of everything is worth. Then think about, how much u r really paying for sound. Ur paying 300 buckish...but ur getting 100 buckish sound. If u dont absoloutly NEED noise cancelling, i say stay away from it. These are the best NCers out there, its been tested, but even though. Id grab some IEMs unless u travel with a plane tour detour atleast once a week, and have earcanals with a diameter of 2 cm.

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #78 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Notice how he referred to no "mini HD 800", etc etc etc, but did not deny any possible models above it.
tongue_smile.gif

There are also the fact that most vendors do their best to deny the presence of a new model until they announce it themselves. To not harm the sale of their current models. It is a simple fact!

If no HD850, 900, 1000, ... then perhaps a HE100? It has been some years, and a HE60 and/or HE90 successor seems to be in demand.

I have never heard the beyerdynamic DT48, but from what you guys have written it seems to be really nice. So a statement model from beyerdynamic would be nice.

I am personally waiting for a AKG K1000 successor though..

If they ever decide to replace their flagship DT48, they would need to make it more 'audiophile accessible'.. Since the current models have many audiophile 'flaws', which Beyers did on purpose, since the headphone was never made for the regular consumer. & An open design would be better..

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #79 of 100
This isn't going to happen. The HD800 was a b**** to design/engineer/bring to market with heavy delays and has been out all of 4 months. It's as exotic and hand built as you can get. They're not about to release something that surpasses it, what the hell would it be competing with?

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #81 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This isn't going to happen. The HD800 was a b**** to design/engineer/bring to market with heavy delays and has been out all of 4 months. It's as exotic and hand built as you can get. They're not about to release something that surpasses it, what the hell would it be competing with?

You make it sound like there will never be a headphone that surpasses the HD800! In many people's eyes, there are already headphones that are considered better for their tastes.

There was mention of the next in the series being a portable headphone; which the HD800 obviously is not.

What ever is to come, I'm excited to see some more competition in the high end!

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #82 of 100
Nov 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #84 of 100
"Yes,same place where all the parts for the HD800 come from."

That was actually my fear when I heard from the HD800 the first time because I was disappointed about their quality since their consumer products were no longer manufactured in the Wedemark (it's not a city, it's a region) in the early 90s.
I was surprised when I handled the HD800 the first time, it felt and looked much more like quality than I expected, it's difficult to achieve that part quality without a skilled workforce.
That's why I asked before the hifi-forum-members went to their factory-tour.

The answer was the following:

Of course final assembling and testing (the 45min mentioned and shown in promo-pictures) is done by Sennheiser in Germany.

The microfibre for the cushions is from Japan, the cable itself from South Korea, the plug from Liechtenstein (Neutrik), the headphone-plugs, the manufacturing of the cushions, the plastic- and metal-parts are all manufactured in Germany by suppliers.

It's pretty much the same with the upper-class Beyerdynamics (770/880/990/T1) but they manufacture most parts themselves in Heilbronn.

Those products ARE truly "Made in Germany".

But they're propably not as much "handmade" as chinese Ear-plugs. The manufacturing processes are usually automatized (robots unloading molding-machines, paint-processes...) and these expensive and complex machines are maintained and controlled by highly-trained workers - instead of wasting their skills and experience in simple manual operations that have to be repeated every 30 seconds day by day...

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #85 of 100
It'd make perfect sense to release additional models in the same line both above and below. They've already invested the $$$ in R&D. Release a "middle of the road" model (not that I'm calling HD800 middle of the road, but from their plans/perspective it could be) at a premium. You have the community falling over each other to spend $1500 a pop. Milk the money from that customer space. Then release both a product below and above it. If they released a headphone that's 95% as good as the HD800 for $1000, they'd attract a new sector of the market that just wasn't willing to fork over $1500. In the same sense, if they released a can that's 105% as good as HD800, there is a part of the market that will pay $2000 for it (many of whom will have already paid the HD800-tax).

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #86 of 100
Wouldn't be suprised if there is a new can using the same tech, it's not good business to do all that research just for one product. Considering the current price of the 800 and the normal way things work: i expect the next model to appear slightly above the 650 (just enough for it to be worth the upgrade) then they can gradualy phase out the 600 and 650.

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #89 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Germane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I know something, you don't know.
smily_headphones1.gif

yes? what would that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back