What! No stock option??
cool.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
What! No stock option??
cool.gif

Sorry. LOL.

I didn't think anyone would prefer the stock cable...?
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif

Could a moderator add 'Stock Cable' as the second-to-last choice?

BANGPOD

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 16
I'm so confused, i love my Cadas with my 600s, but much prefer the Moon Audio with the 650. Guess I'll have to vote Mooon Audio even though I haven't tried it with the 600s yet!
blink.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 16
Gpalmer --

Yeah, I'm sorry; I thought it would be a little weird creating a separate thread for the HD-580's, HD-600's, and HD-650's. I figured I would just shlop them into one so everyone could get a general feel of which aftermarket cable people like best.

I guess I screwed up another thread.
frown.gif
confused.gif

Just let this one fall to page 2 if no one votes.

My mid-life crisis is coming 30 years early and I ain't liking it.

Jan 30, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 16
I've only heard the cardas and I did like them better than stock. But I don't own any cables, so I couldn't say for sure. Well I figured it would be interesting to see anyway if some people like fewtch might show up and throw their vote in the hat.

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by TheMuffinMan_01
ya know, i have the cardas's here on loan but i only used them for a little while. the design is just to damned inconvenient.

what do you find inconventient about the cardas?

Cheers,

Silby

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 16
I voted Zu but I also like the equinox on the HD600 and HD650's. I like the Cardas also on the HD600's. If I was to keep just one(which I did) it would be the Zu.

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by TheMuffinMan_01
ya know, i have the cardas's here on loan but i only used them for a little while. the design is just to damned inconvenient.

If you mean the cable is stiff, don't even think about the Zu cable then.

Jan 31, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 16
Bump for some more votes...

BANGPOD

Feb 1, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 16
I've heard the cardas, red and equinox - as well as the stock
rolleyes.gif
out of those four it is the equinox followed very closely by the cardas, then the stock - I didnt like the clou red because it was overly bright and had a bloated midrange...compared to the others, the stock cable results in muddy bass and a fuzziness - I suppose that can be said to be the senn "veil". The cardas and the equinox replace the veil - as opposed to removing it - and allow more of the music to come through and definitely makes the bass more clean, impactful - bass notes start and end in the right spots

I have not had the priviledge to listen to the newcomers to the cable market - as much as I would like to shelling out 300CDN for cables for my 150 dollar headphones seems a little silly to me at this point.

Therefore I think I will be trying to make my own set of replacement cables by splicing the senn connectors and using some DIY cable designs originally designed for interconnects

so...in summary, my vote right now is for the equinox - however, if my own cables are better - well I'll let you know
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 16
1. Zu Cable Mobius
2. Moon Audio Silver Dragon
3. Cardas
4. Stefan Audioart Equinox
5. Clou Red Jaspis

I have not tried the others. This is regarding the HD580 and the HD650. I felt the Mobius and the Silver Dragon were very close in performance (both "better" versions of the Equinox), while the Cardas differed the most from the others. I only heard the Clue Red for a brief moment, but it actually sounded worse than the stock, IMHO. I am looking forward to trying the Meier Audio/Oehlbach and Bayley Audio DiamondBack cables, and their reasonable prices make the task more feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back