Sennheiser HD 650 Pads
Apr 2, 2004 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi friends,

where can I find a replacements pads for the HD 650 ?

Thanks a lot!
Nicola

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 31
Hi,

Why do you need them? I tell you why I ask.

I have a much used pair of HD600's. Sounds fab but the felt pads are crushed & have seen better days. Not damaged, I hasten to add. Anyway, foolishly, I decided I needed a new pair of replacement felt pads £42 including postage in the UK. I have them but didn't even try them on my 'phones, hardly any difference overall to my old pair. I wasted my money. However, they might come in useful one day.

Best wishes,

Nigel

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Nigel
Hi,

Why do you need them? I tell you why I ask.

I

I replaced mine because they were worn out. They were smooshed down, and generally getting kind of nasty from year of sweat building up.

The new ones were much firmer.

-Ed

Apr 2, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 31
I've removed my HD580 pads a few times in the last years, and washed them with hot water and soap.

They will not be like new after that, but they will be clean. Try it at least before ordering replacement pads, there is nothing to lose.

Apr 2, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 31
Hi,

When you replaced the pads, was there any differences in sound quality?

Cheers,

Nigel

BTW
Much better price that! I rang Sennheiser UK & they put me in touch with their main UK dealer, Darby of St Albans, if I recall correctly.

Apr 2, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Nigel
Hi,

When you replaced the pads, was there any differences in sound quality?

Cheers,

Nigel

BTW
Much better price that! I rang Sennheiser UK & they put me in touch with their main UK dealer, Darby of St Albans, if I recall correctly.

Mainly in bass and imaging.

I guess because the drivers were "off" kilter a bit from the more smooshed pads.

Pretty subtle, though. Well except for the imaging.

Keep in mind the smooshing thing is more prevalent if you have a huge noggin like me.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Mainly in bass and imaging.

I guess because the drivers were "off" kilter a bit from the more smooshed pads.

Pretty subtle, though. Well except for the imaging.

Keep in mind the smooshing thing is more prevalent if you have a huge noggin like me.
tongue.gif

-Ed

£42 for a couple of foam pads?? Daylight robbery........... end of.

We are talking a pair of plastic sennheiser headphones here, not a walnut dashboard for a classic car! £42 is absolute p*ss taking.

Apr 7, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoner
Am I the only one here who puts the hood from the hooded sweat shirt over my head before I put the giant can on? Never really needed replacement pads.

Im not cetain why that would prevent the pads from loosing their fluffiness.

But everyone complaining about their priciness...yeah they are. I wish someone would design replacement pads of their own that were more appropriately priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back