Sennheiser HD 650 is selling £50 cheaper (refurbished)
Sep 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

angelsblood

100+ Head-Fier
is it too good to be true? saw it on amazon, there's a refurbished unit for sale for £50 cheaper than normal. note that they say only the box is damaged, and the unit itself is brand new.

i have asked a few questions on it, but they can't seem to answer any as they would not have seen them.

is it worth the risk, or should i get it brand new?

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Better try before someone else grabs it! Just letting you know, I tried a refurbished AKG Q701 a while ago and it sounds and feels the same as the original.

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 8
It's a compelling offer to be sure. Always check with Brian at razordogdeals first. His prices on Sennheiser are hard to beat!!

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
It's a compelling offer to be sure. Always check with Brian at razordogdeals first. His prices on Sennheiser are hard to beat!!

thanks for the info! too bad i'm in UK, we don't have the luxury of accessibility and cheap prices: ( the VAT is the biggest problem!!!

Quote:
Better try before someone else grabs it! Just letting you know, I tried a refurbished AKG Q701 a while ago and it sounds and feels the same as the original.

was there any actual repair done on those Q701? they claim only the box is damaged, and knocked 50£ off... quite a bit don't u think! say, does it matter which year those phones were manufactured?

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
was there any actual repair done on those Q701? they claim only the box is damaged, and knocked 50£ off... quite a bit don't u think! say, does it matter which year those phones were manufactured?

Just a replacement. People break their Q701s, send it off to AKG, they send them a new one, they fix the broken one by replacing the drivers and headband and whatever is needed, and resell it as a refurbished pair. That's how the one I tried went forth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back