Sennheiser HD 650 + ASUS Xonar Essence ST?
Oct 19, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #31 of 37
Even my asus xonar dx could drive HD650 fine. So I'm pretty sure STX will have no problem driving them beautifully. Some people here make way too big deal out of amps when considering hd650. I have audinst mx-1 with matrix m stage with class A biased op627.To be honest, when comparing amp section of mx-1 and m stage it's very minor difference.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #32 of 37
At the end of the Day it's all subjective. Do the best research possible and roll with it. If you feel like your really into the hobby, upgrade the components and be happy that your cans can grow with your upgrades ; )

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #33 of 37
Hello,
I'm new to Head Fi forums.

Is Xonar ST + Little Dot MK III + HD650 a solid combination? 
Can anyone please advise what should be added to the above for a better sound?

Thanks,
Alex

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #35 of 37
I might be asking a tiring question by now, but will the fact that the headphone goes through something like the ST/X and into a dac (either via rca or dedicated amp) make any difference at all? I Don't understand how an external amp can make the sound better considering the source (lets say for emphasis that it was an onboard SC pc) is bad quality? I'm not denying this, I just don't understand?

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #37 of 37
Just a word on the topic:

There are better options. But HD 650 + ASUS Xonar ST/STX is far from weak or inadequate combination.

People listening to audio on their computers will not be disappointed for sure. The card has enough energy to put these cans "on fire".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back