1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 630vb (Lightly Used) Make me an offer

Trader History (0)
  1. Notanaudiophile85
    Type:
    For Sale or Trade
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Best offer:
    Yes
    I’m selling my lightly used Sennheiser HD 630VB headphones. These are closed-back, over-the-ear, audiophile headphones. The VB stands for Variable Bass. The side of the right ear cup is a rotary dial, which operates like a volume knob: twist clockwise for more bass, anti-clockwise for less. Another feature convenient feature is the built-in mic and the ability to easily switch a button from iPhone to Android.

I am choosing to part with these headphones because, at this point in my life, I don’t have the opportunity to sit and enjoy music the way headphones like this are intended to be used. I have two young children. I planned to use these at work but my role has shifted and so I don’t have the ability to use them at work either. They’ve been sitting in my cabinet at work. They’re in the original packaging, although they been opened and lightly used. They are like new.

In the title of this posting, I intentionally chose to use the term “lightly used” headphones look and sound as if they are brand-new. I just couldn’t make the time for them. Don’t hesitate to ask for more info.

One audiophile’s review of the Sennheiser HD 630VB:

“The killer feature of the Sennheiser HD630VBs is being able to adjust the bass. This, of course, is not a new feature – any pair of headphones with an EQ has that covered, and it’s been around for years. But the HD630VBs do something a little different. Instead of adjusting the bass with the push of a button, or with an app, you alter it by spinning a wheel around the outside of the right headphone cup. When we first unboxed the headphones, we had the idea that the single twist of the VB (Variable Bass) dial would raise the bass to ear-shattering levels. We couldn’t have been more off-the-mark. What quickly becomes apparent, even in a short listening session, is that the headphones aren’t a sledgehammer. They’re a scalpel. Even adjusting very small amounts has a noticeable difference, and at the very maximum level, the bass remains refined and clear. It’s so easy to get the exact level you want, that we found ourselves playing with it more than we would have thought - experimenting with different levels to see which ones we liked. Outside of a first-person-shooter, we’ve never had so much precision control with so little effort.

This scalpel-like approach might not appeal to everyone. If you’re after pounding bass, the kind that rattles your stomach, you might want to look elsewhere. Compare these headphones to the Beats Pro. Those may be cheaper, at $400 compared to the HD630VB’s $500, but they too set their score by their bass, and they aren’t even close to the quality on offer here. And we should say that we found our comfort zone right at the maximum level; at the opposite end of the dial, there was far too little bass, a necessary state of affairs given the concept, but still. In other words, if you’re thinking about buying these headphones, it’s worth being aware of how you like your music.

It’s a feature that would be wasted if the overall sound of the HD630VBs wasn’t up to scratch. Fortunately, it is. It most certainly is. While it could occasionally be a little bit too minimalist and sparse, even cold, the audio quality still felt elegant, detailed and clear. Whether it was taking on a pounding metal anthem or an acoustic folk piece, the sound was crisp and natural. These compare very favorably with other Sennheiser headphones, like the storied HD650s.”

Includes a hard shell zip-up case created specifically for this model headphone by Sennheiser.