Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #22,291 of 23,417
Anyone running HD600 out of the Mojo 2? Wondering how the pairing is? Mojo 2 is warmer than Hugo 2?

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #22,292 of 23,417
Anyone know where to get replacement drivers for the HD600? Mine are old and wife hasnt taken care of them as much as I would have liked so seeing if anyone has ideas ...

Seen website always shows them as sold out .... i didnt want to buy another one ... I have the ones made in Ireland with the cool blueish headband ...

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #22,293 of 23,417
Thomann used to have them but things are looking pretty grim lately. Partsexpress maybe? I can't buy from them here but I think I read them mentioned a lot.

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #22,294 of 23,417
Thomann used to have them but things are looking pretty grim lately. Partsexpress maybe? I can't buy from them here but I think I read them mentioned a lot.
Speaking of Thomann, the HD-600 used to be 299 EUR. I see that now it's at 299 EUR as "Deal of the week". And the 650 used to be 329 EUR, now it's 368 EUR. I mean, I'm all for it, these headphones are worth a ton more, but just noticed that there's been a serious price increase recently.

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #22,295 of 23,417
Speaking of Thomann, the HD-600 used to be 299 EUR. I see that now it's at 299 EUR as "Deal of the week". And the 650 used to be 329 EUR, now it's 368 EUR. I mean, I'm all for it, these headphones are worth a ton more, but just noticed that there's been a serious price increase recently.
I paid 385 euros for mine and Sennheiser pricing is known to be controlled. So I have no idea but these prices are still inline with previous pricing and also with value, as you noted.

On the other hand, Audeze has gone up 20% or more across the board, Mutec up 20% or more, SPL had price increases. Things are not looking very good.

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #22,296 of 23,417
Boy, I leave you guys alone for a couple of weeks and this thread devolves into a measurements vs golden ears argument?!?!

Albert Einstein settled that ‘dispute’ long ago (and it’s been in my signature here from the get go):

“Not everything that we count counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”

I agree with @bagwell359 and @jonathan c and @gimmeheadroom - if you like it and it gives you pleasure, then it’s good. You don’t have to meet some mythical perfect specification, you just have to enjoy your music. Sheesh!!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #22,297 of 23,417
Boy, I leave you guys alone for a couple of weeks and this thread devolves into a measurements vs golden ears argument?!?!

You mean this thread, or the whole site? :p

Anyway, me and my buds here on the forums measure only how far it is from our rigs to the (closest) fridge where the beer is. And depending on your setup, this could require triangulation, a theodolite, and other complex calculations which decorum prevents us mentioning here.

"There are things which must be measured, and there are things which audioscientologists cannot measure i.e. hifi device musicality. And never the twain shall meet." -- @gimmeheadroom

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #22,298 of 23,417
You mean this thread, or the whole site? :p

Anyway, me and my buds here on the forums measure only how far it is from our rigs to the (closest) fridge where the beer is. And depending on your setup, this could require triangulation, a theodolite, and other complex calculations which decorum prevents us mentioning here.

"There are things which must be measured, and there are things which audioscientologists cannot measure i.e. hifi device musicality. And never the twain shall meet." -- @gimmeheadroom
I just meant this thread, but my sextant and I concur. 🐳

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #22,299 of 23,417
Albert Einstein settled that ‘dispute’ long ago (and it’s been in my signature here from the get go):

“Not everything that we count counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
It's a catchy turn of phrase that doesn't actually settle the dispute, which seems to become polarized quickly into extreme positions:
1. "Measurements tell me everything about how a headphone will sound."
2. "Measurements are meaningless."

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #22,300 of 23,417
I meant to ‘ignore’ you before. All of your posts are just argumentative and bizarre. And your logic is always seriously flawed. No wonder you have so many posts and so few ‘likes’. Or, maybe you just have a reading comprehension issue. Whatever it is, I have no time for it. Unsubscribe.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #22,302 of 23,417
I have never heard this combo, but I have read about some opinion from RME forum, that is not best combination. For fully potential of HD600 musicality I am strongly recommennding some OTL tube amp.
In any case RME is very good DAC with many useful functions to pair with tube amp and HD600 together.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #22,303 of 23,417
Thanks to information and experience sharing in this thread, HD600 is my favorite headphone.

I've collected some HD600s with black silk (paper?) and silver mesh acoustic screens in these years. I still prefer the black silk because it sounds more transparent than the silver mesh acoustic screens in my system.

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #22,304 of 23,417
I've purchased the latest version of HD600 and I'm planning on pairing them with the RME ADI-2.
Has anyone heard this combo? Is it a good pairing?
Cheers
I have heard this combo, it sounds neutral. I think ADI-2 has enough power to drive the latest version of HD600. However it is suggested to add a separate external headphone amp if you want to increase the musicality. I think the neutral sound of this combo can be used as a reference base for comparing different amps.

Jul 8, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #22,305 of 23,417
Hi there , not yet found a dedicated sennheiser thread page. Assume they have them for the various models.... Can anyone help in getting spare pads / cushions for the HD 660s , 650, 600 , assume pads are the same and all fit ok . I'm trying mainly in the uk . But even checking sennheiser proper site , can't find any . And hopefully not silly prices. I'd prefer genuine ones but other brands I don't mind hearing about . Thanks in advance ....martyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back