Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #17,026 of 23,278
  I have a question what exactly makes Beats a better headphone for this song as opposed to the HD 600?

According to Dr Dre, music like this is designed for Beats so what does beats have that HD 600 does not

Bass boost, because people want skewed bass response. And if you use a laptop or smartphone with Beats Audio, disabling it actually "enables" an EQ profile that screws up the sound, so you would think that music sucks without Beats. Basically, it's a gangsta move straight outta Compton, if you were running a liquor or convenience store in Compton and he had a gun to your face.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #17,027 of 23,278
.....the hd600's like maximo park..... :D
Also muse's "Bliss" sounds pretty awsome.....

I have to admit one thing though, these are probably the most detailed set of headphones i ever had.... despite missing a little more bass or warmness at times i get lots of details i never noticed before on my music.... and i am using sh..... sources.... :D

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #17,028 of 23,278
Amazon has an insane deal HD 598 closed back for $99

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480108141&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+598c

Should I buy this? is it velor pads or leather?

Is the bass in this way better stronger than HD 600? a bit like beyerdynamic bass?

Is the vocals and sound stage and openess as good as the regular HD 598?

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #17,029 of 23,278
I just want to inform David and friends I bought the HD 598 closed back for $99 on Amazon so that is it for me and my black friday. I opted for this instead of spending $33 on replacement pads for my 555. The deal was too good to pass up.
Not only was $33 expensive for pads but I also had to pay an additional $7 shipping for pads because amazon free shipping only works for $45 items and up

So in the end for just double the price I got a whole entire brand new headphone with supposed way more bass and 100% new. My HD 555 are rusting aswell. So this was just too much of a deal to pass up.

Since its elongated pads it should be crappy at sealing which should mean much more air can come through and since its fabric should also mean much less sweating.

its not velvet like the 598 se but its suede but hey its still fabric right? a bit like those vegan pads for the LCD.

So this should do me well. I must say this was a good black friday deal and since this is closed back I should get VERY Good Audible BASS. I am going to assume the 598 closed has much more audible bass than the HD 600 which is open.

The important thing is I feel GOOD about my purchase I have no remorse no guilt no nothing I know I am in safe hands with Sennheiser. I can always trust this fine German Engineering.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #17,031 of 23,278
  @Denon5220, Black Friday killed my wallet, it will be on life support for a few months, I'm over $4000, 65" 4K TV and one Chanel handbag, guess which cost more?

WOW what the hell

But why spend that much money on a handbag? unless she is or looks like a Victoria secret super model? but even then hmmm. lol

I bet she is smoking hot, you sure are one lucky person

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #17,032 of 23,278
I just want to inform David and friends I bought the HD 598 closed back for $99 on Amazon so that is it for me and my black friday. I opted for this instead of spending $33 on replacement pads for my 555. The deal was too good to pass up.
Not only was $33 expensive for pads but I also had to pay an additional $7 shipping for pads because amazon free shipping only works for $45 items and up

So in the end for just double the price I got a whole entire brand new headphone with supposed way more bass and 100% new. My HD 555 are rusting aswell. So this was just too much of a deal to pass up.

Since its elongated pads it should be crappy at sealing which should mean much more air can come through and since its fabric should also mean much less sweating.

its not velvet like the 598 se but its suede but hey its still fabric right? a bit like those vegan pads for the LCD.

So this should do me well. I must say this was a good black friday deal and since this is closed back I should get VERY Good Audible BASS. I am going to assume the 598 closed has much more audible bass than the HD 600 which is open.

The important thing is I feel GOOD about my purchase I have no remorse no guilt no nothing I know I am in safe hands with Sennheiser. I can always trust this fine German Engineering.

I read a couple of reviews on them.... It seems they have the same hd598 (open) tonality with of course a little less stage and a tiny tiny bit more bass (but still fairly basslight). Still for 99, pretty good deal and easy to drive.

I was waiting on a deal on the hd650s.... Didnt happen... :frowning2:
Ended up buying a bluetooth speake. I wanted a harman kardon go play 2016 but when i saw the jbl xtreme at 169 euros i had to grab one in black. Its a bit more boomy and less than the harman kardon but it should be pretty loud, durable and it has a 10000mha battery so it should be a pretty fun experience.... :)

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #17,033 of 23,278
I read a couple of reviews on them.... It seems they have the same hd598 (open) tonality with of course a little less stage and a tiny tiny bit more bass (but still fairly basslight). Still for 99, pretty good deal and easy to drive.

I was waiting on a deal on the hd650s.... Didnt happen...
frown.gif

Ended up buying a bluetooth speake. I wanted a harman kardon go play 2016 but when i saw the jbl xtreme at 169 euros i had to grab one in black. Its a bit more boomy and less than the harman kardon but it should be pretty loud, durable and it has a 10000mha battery so it should be a pretty fun experience....
smily_headphones1.gif

Well I am hoping it delivers much better bass than the open backs. Honestly it should deliver better bass as its closed either way sales didn't happen on anything else. This was the last in the line I was waiting for the HD 600 sale but it didn't happen.

The Fostex Planar Magnetic went on sale for $215 USD on Amazon which was the best sale ever that normally goes for $400

I wanted a Klipsch bookshelf speaker but ultimately went with these 598.

If it has better bass than the open back 598 I will take whatever I get, I normally don't do closed back due to heat but these are fabric and they don't seal properly which means air should come in to breathe better than closed leather.

I read a lot of reviews and they all said the bass is very much more audible so hopefully it is enough to my ears I am no bass freak but I love SOME bass. the open backs have 0 Bass.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #17,034 of 23,278
And just like that I canceled the HD 598cs order. Read it lacks any sub bass and this totally defeats the purpose of closed back I don't care about sound leakage, I will gladly piss off everyone around me at will. If I am buying closed back I want bass.

So I will see what Cyber Monday brings.

A friend once disowned me because I made him order and cancel the same order 5 times for an item I wanted him to order for me. LOL
I wonder what causes me to change my mind so many times hmm this audiophile hobby I tell you.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #17,035 of 23,278
  And just like that I canceled the HD 598cs order. Read it lacks any sub bass and this totally defeats the purpose of closed back I don't care about sound leakage, I will gladly piss off everyone around me at will. If I am buying closed back I want bass.

A friend once disowned me because I made him order and cancel the same order 5 times for an item I wanted him to order for me. LOL
I wonder what causes me to change my mind so many times hmm this audiophile hobby I tell you.

I usually call myself a dillema guy because i make my choices weighting every detail..... Still, you take the trophy mate.... :D

I told you. :) Not that i tried them but all the reviews on amazon seem to match. Its basically the sound of the hd598 in a closed back design. You loose air and stage and you get a tiny tiny more mass but its still light on the bass.

I know its not really a over ear but its confortable, has great sound quality and they are dead cheap right now. The original creative aurvana Live! is now priced at 45 euros with free shipping..... I already had them and they are great. I would get them myself for this price in a heartbeat if i did not have the 2 over ear momentums wich share the same sig but are better.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #17,037 of 23,278
  @Denon5220, Black Friday killed my wallet, it will be on life support for a few months, I'm over $4000, 65" 4K TV and one Chanel handbag, guess which cost more?

Did the handbag cost $2500? Cuz a 65" UHD (yes, that's the PROPER terminology because a consumer "4k" TV is 3840x2160, which isn't the same as actual 4k resolution) is like $1500 over here on the mainland. My wallet didn't take nearly as big of a hit as yours. I only spent a bit over $500 on the Noble X and a 1TB SSD.

Honestly, I forgot that they made a close version of the HD598. Cuz I associate the HD5XX line and up from Sennheiser to be open back headphones if they aren't the HD630.

Is this the HD600 thread?

Well that's what the label says at least....

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #17,038 of 23,278
  Amazon has an insane deal HD 598 closed back for $99

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480108141&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+598c

Should I buy this? is it velor pads or leather?

Is the bass in this way better stronger than HD 600? a bit like beyerdynamic bass?

Is the vocals and sound stage and openess as good as the regular HD 598?

The HD598 is a very warm headphone, and has a slightly congested sound, it's not expansive. The tone is not neutral, and it's not exactly a detailed powerhouse. The bass is no more or no less than the HD600, just different. 

IMO the HD600 sound-signature is better overall, more balanced and generally more neutral.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #17,039 of 23,278

The HD598 is a very warm headphone, and has a slightly congested sound, like not expansive. The tone is not neutral, and it's not exactly a detail powerhouse. The bass is no more or no less than the HD600. 

IMO the HD600 is much better.

Thanks

Maybe I should listen to music without bass. For all we know Bass could just be noise though I have no idea why it sounds good I just can't put my finger on why boosting low frequency makes songs more musical and dark.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #17,040 of 23,278
Thanks

Maybe I should listen to music without bass. For all we know Bass could just be noise though I have no idea why it sounds good I just can't put my finger on why boosting low frequency makes songs more musical and dark.

Just grab a Fostex thx00. You have been talking about how much you want bass and sub bass in a multitude of threads.

I can almost guarantee you the 600 will not meet your needs. It's a phenomenal headphone, but it just doesn't seem to be a match for you.

The thx00 is a great headphone with excellent lows. It's on massdrop right now. They even show up used for around $300 here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back