Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #15,362 of 23,417
Nice! How did you put the pads onto the plastic ring that attaches to the inside cup? Did you somehow rip off the original pads from it?

Yeah, had an old set of HD pads from China that were worthless, but the ring was connected to the pad with a layer of plastic, so the rings came off clean.  From that, it just took a little trimming on the Brainwavz pad to fit around the rings without interfering with the ridge that snaps in. Ring then slips right into the Brainwavz pad.  I did cut out the thin Brainwavs inside foam driver screens and used the foam ones from the HD pads.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #15,363 of 23,417
  Thanks for the link, is it cheaper direct from Brainwavz?  I didn't want to create an account to check on shipping charges, or cheaper to pay the $2 higher amazon price but get free shipping.

Not sure, but I did Amazon by reflex! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #15,364 of 23,417
I'm just curious (often a symptom of my being bored); what did y'all pay for your HD 600? I actually took advantage of a recent (and as far as I know, still ongoing) bundle deal on Amazon where the headphone plus a $150 gift card cost the same $400 (before tax) as buying just the headphone. I figured it was a no-brainer, since I'm always getting stuff from Amazon, anyway, meaning the headphone effectively cost me $275 with 6% tax added. I used the gift card to buy my FiiO Q1 and an HD 650 headband pad, among other things.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #15,365 of 23,417
I'm just curious (often a symptom of my being bored); what did y'all pay for your HD 600? I actually took advantage of a recent (and as far as I know, still ongoing) bundle deal on Amazon where the headphone plus a $150 gift card cost the same $400 (before tax) as buying just the headphone. I figured it was a no-brainer, since I'm always getting stuff from Amazon, anyway, meaning the headphone effectively cost me $275 with 6% tax added. I used the gift card to buy my FiiO Q1 and an HD 650 headband pad, among other things.

I think I paid like $260 or $270 for them. In hindsight, easy purchase undoubtedly would do it again if I had sold them, which I don't plan to do
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #15,366 of 23,417

I bought mine used off eBay for $300 with a claimed 40 minute or so play time......I'd believe under 5 hours use, they came in pristine condition and were apparently un-registered at Sennheiser still :) AND they came with a $200 Cardas cable, though no stock cable. So I effectively paid 50% of the combined MSRP.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #15,367 of 23,417

$235 from Focus last year during black Friday period

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #15,368 of 23,417

250.00....also off of Amazon but used.  New to me and pads seemed like new.

I'm also from Michigan (Linwood) and you got me with the Chestertucky...had to look that one up!  My brother lives near you.

Bern

P.S.  Do any of the audio shops still exist on Woodward?  

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #15,369 of 23,417
  250.00....also off of Amazon but used.  New to me and pads seemed like new.

I'm also from Michigan (Linwood) and you got me with the Chestertucky...had to look that one up!  My brother lives near you.

Bern

P.S.  Do any of the audio shops still exist on Woodward?  

If they do, none of them sells headphones. Some years ago I did some searching to see if anywhere remotely near me had headphones I could try, and the closest was a shop in Ann Arbor that carried the Grado range.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #15,370 of 23,417
I just bought a future win cable from amazon cause I needed a shorter one and I gotta say the quality is pretty ok, the fidelity is there, but the treble is way more emphasised than either HD600 or HD650 cable, there is literally no treble recess with this 20 euro cable.

Just putting it out there for folks that mind the "veil".

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #15,371 of 23,417
I just bought a future win cable from amazon cause I needed a shorter one and I gotta say the quality is pretty ok, the fidelity is there, but the treble is way more emphasised than either HD600 or HD650 cable, there is literally no treble recess with this 20 euro cable.

Just putting it out there for folks that mind the "veil".

Link? I'm just curious as to what cable you're talking about. I bought a cable from NewFantasia when I got a shorter cable.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #15,372 of 23,417
Nope sorry im tripping. I double tested and my ears are sensitive today, don't know why...

Although I have consistentnly noted a difference between HD600 and HD650 cable and never gave up on that, HD650 has more highs, bass and soundstage. HD600 more intimate.

HD650 cable pushes more mids from the grills, I don't know the science behind it but it does... probs why treble/bass is more pronounced when listening to them, less mids in the head.

Cable is https://www.amazon.de/Future-Replacement-upgrade-Sennheiser-headphones/dp/B017TWX9YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468957038&sr=8-1&keywords=Future+win+hd600 and sounds like a direct copy of HD600 which i admire, I expected they'd copy HD650.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #15,373 of 23,417
Nope sorry im tripping. I double tested and my ears are sensitive today, don't know why...

Although I have consistentnly noted a difference between HD600 and HD650 cable and never gave up on that, HD650 has more highs, bass and soundstage. HD600 more intimate.

HD650 cable pushes more mids from the grills, I don't know the science behind it but it does... probs why treble/bass is more pronounced when listening to them, less mids in the head.

Cable is https://www.amazon.de/Future-Replacement-upgrade-Sennheiser-headphones/dp/B017TWX9YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468957038&sr=8-1&keywords=Future+win+hd600 and sounds like a direct copy of HD600 which i admire, I expected they'd copy HD650.

Oh! They're listed as NewFantasia here in the US haha. I have that exact cable except mine is red above the y-split cuz they didn't make the black cable version yet. Great cheap cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back