1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, Feb 6, 2011.
First

Back
987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996
998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007
Next

Last
  1. Bob A (SD)
    I have them on my vintage HD580s (w/HD600 grills) and haven't found the SQ significantly altered at all.  [​IMG]

2. Bob A (SD)
    Can't comment directly on the HD600s as mine are only 7 months old.   But I find the build quality exactly the same as my 23+ year old HD580s which should convey something! [​IMG] 

P1010704.jpg

3. DavidA
    I think the indication here is that only 2 people have problems out of the many that were bought over the pass 20 years say that they last a fairly long time with little issues.  The used one that I picked up was about 4 years old and in great condition, only had to change the pads.

4. madwolfa

I have used my original pair for more than 10 years without issues. Only had to replace the pads... and drivers (due to my own fault, though).

5. Brooko Contributor

The only issue I had was with a second hand pair I got as part of a trade. One of the driver diaphragms was creased (the pair had not been looked after).  I cleaned up the housings, replaced the pads, and put two new drivers into the capsules. Now they're as good as new.  And THAT is the beauty of the HD600.  Fully modular. Huge longevity.  And you can repair them yourself (just snap in a new part).

6. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Quote:
    Quote:

The only persistent QC issues are the paint on the headband and, if you remove cables too often and jam them back with less care, they're not that much more reliable than the HD580. Basically just be careful and pull/push straight with the connectors, and as for the headband, this is a hidden blessing for the HD600. When it chips far enough you either buy a new one since they're modular (as noted by Brooko above), or better yet, look at it as an excuse to sand off the atrocious marble blue paint off all the parts that have them and repaint.

Alternately, there's plasti-dip also, so you can just cover it up and peel it off. Use matte-black initially, then when it starts peeling off and you used the plasti-dip for something else, might as well go and try another color and go from stealthy custom sleeper to outrageous "look at me! me! me!" Lambo orange for example. If you regret it, no problem - just peel it off, no need to sand it down.

7. madwolfa
    Hey, I like the marble.

8. Midgetguy
    +1

9. ProtegeManiac Contributor

249866184.jpg

It's a matter of taste of course, in the same manner that all my pants are more subdued, slightly darker colors (barring a few khaki shorts). If you like it, order a new headband. For the cheap guys who don't, there's sandpaper or plasti-dip.

10. Midgetguy
    We do live in a great era where we have plenty of materials to customize to our hearts content. While I personally like the marble look, I encourage others to go with what they like best.

11. Bob A (SD)

+2    [​IMG]

12. DavidA
    If I left it up to my GF, all headphones would look like the Edition 8 Julia that she had
    Ultrasone_ED8_Julia_Headphone_896683.jpg

13. ProtegeManiac Contributor

Just saw this - is the imaging unaltered as well, ex the cymbals can sound "larger" and farther out to the edges of the soundstage? (vs for example K702, HD800, Crossfeed, etc)

14. Midgetguy
    ......as long as it doesn't have to be the color scheme I get, she can have it however she wants haha.

DavidA likes this.
  15. thefitz

Oh... oh dear...

First

Back
987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996
998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007
Next

Last