1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, Feb 6, 2011.
First

Back
979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988
990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999
Next

Last
  1. Midgetguy
    Have you ever tried the one I linked a page back? The NewFantasia cable? Wondering if you were able to weigh in with that one at all since I haven't tried anything other than that one and the stock cable. To my ears, not much difference. Haven't tried the stock one in forever though so I could easily be wrong.

2. DavidA

I think the HD-700 cable that my old GF had was from NewFantasia, it looks like the same type of construction from the pictures.  The short HD-6XX cable I used is below:
    HD-6XXshortcable-2.jpg

Some cheap dual conductor silver plated copper wire with Double Helix 3.5mm and Cardas HD-6XX connectors.

3. evmedievalol
    I did find NewFantasia on ebay to for $27. I guess the price is not bad although i wish the y-joint and plug are a bit slimer.
    It says that newfantasia is made in usa. I should do some research on this company

4. thefitz
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013BYDWDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the one I have.

I refuse to believe a cable that short will appreciably do anything to your sound signature. Cables can only attenuate. It only gets hairy when the cables are extremely long.

But then again...
    http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one-page-2

Anyway, I got my balanced cable for my Pono. It was just a stock cable that was modded, and it was done quite well. A shame it's still 3m though, haha. The Pono player can power the HD600 while balanced, although it doesn't have gobs of headroom. It sounds fantastic, but I'm not about to sell the EL-8.

I'll do some more experimenting, I want to see if the direction I'm facing, the face I'm making, or the position of my arms changes the sound.

5. Midgetguy
    They are? That doesn't make any sense. Why bother manufacturing in the US just to ship from China? I think they're made in China and then some stock is made here to supply to Amazon for Prime shipping.

That's exactly the same cable I'm using on my HD600 too. Good cable IMO.

6. Bob A (SD)
    I too have been using that cable (NewFantasia) albeit in a 2m length and all black.  I have it on my vintage modified HD580s.  By way of comparison I have a CustoimCans (UK) ultra low capacitance braided litz wire 1.5m cable on my HD600s (https://customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/hand-made-audio-cables/hd600-unbalanced-cable.html).  They cost 6+ times as much new (got mine very lightly used).  Aside from the length, flexibility, and quality of material differences, there really is NO DETECTIBLE difference in sound.  I also have a 3m Sennheiser HD650 cable and make this ascertion after swapping them all around and listening.  Bottom line is that the NewFantasia cables are great bang for the buck and give up nothing SQ-wise.

7. Midgetguy
    For $20, it'd definitely on my recommended list and it looks like it's on yours as well.

8. evmedievalol
    It does look like NewFantasia peoples favorite !

However is there any other choice like NewFantasia?
    I love a lot of choices like different materials and color! If there are none at this price then i would have to stick with this..

9. Midgetguy
    You could see what Lunashops has to offer. Though I guarantee they make and ship their stuff out of China, so it's a bit of a wait. They make good cables though.

If you end up sticking with the NewFantasia one, know that they have one with red cables above the y-split and one where the cables above y-split are black. On the eBay shop, they also have a silver-plated option if that's your thing, but those start at a bit over $50. I don't think I've ever seen a silver-plated headphone cable for under $40. The cheaper ones tend to be OFC at best.

10. DavidA
    Lunashops is pretty good, takes about 2 weeks to get to me in Hawaii

11. Midgetguy
    Pretty similar timeframe to get to me in Washington. I've gotten a cable from them twice and both times it was definitely less than 3 weeks, maybe like 2 and a half tops.

12. evmedievalol
    just ordered this one.
    http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5357

The most standard and simplest cable haha.
    I don't like braided cables because they tend to get messy over time.

13. PinkyPowers
    Lunashop deliveries take a good 40 days for me. Their customer service is awful and their products are low-grade crap that falls apart.

14. PinkyPowers

Braided cables don't get messy over time if they are done even halfway decent. They should be moderately tight, and since they are soldered to connectors on both ends they NEVER come undone.

15. MWSVette
    My experience also...

First

Back
979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988
990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999
Next

Last