1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, Feb 6, 2011.
First

Back
975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984
986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995
Next

Last
  1. thefitz
    ... and they never seem to listen to good music either ☺

2. DavidA
    That depends on what your taste in music is [​IMG].  I have noticed that the genre of music that is usually played really loud is rap, metal and EDM.

3. meomap
    Hi,
    Just did a test with hd600 with some portable amps.

Hd600/ha2/ipod touch = max gain + max bass + max volume = decent sound less bass and less detail.

Hd600, ipod, rsa intruder = max gain and 3/4 volume = same as above.

Hd600, qp1r = hi gain and max vol.= sound ok but not loud enough to pick out inner detail.

Hd600, qp1r, alo rx = max everything = not loud enough for me but bass and inner details are there. Seems like this qp2r,rx combo is very good for me with i800 or k10c outside my home.

Hd600, qp1r, alo CDM with max out everything = loud enough for me to hear inner details like imaging,Soundstage, transparency, and some bass.

Sounds like hd600 is only for home only with good desktop SS,tube amps.
    If portable then closed hp like P5v2 or P7 with HA2 will have plenty of power you to enjoy.

Hope this help.

I need to go back to listen to hd600, WA6se, and esoteric k03 with Japanese jazz SACD.

Bye bye.

4. DavidA
    @meomap, nice of you to provide the info on portable gear and the HD-600

5. Pahani
    Yeah, I saw that guy's question about the HA-2 pairing with HD600.......I own a HA-2, and would have happily offered my opinions, but my pair of HD600's has a custom cable with 1/4" connector only. And I don't have the needed adapter to plug them into HA-2 :/

I really need to rectify that oversight.

6. UtopiaB

The things is, my reply had said FiiO is forcing the situation, I never said FiiO is forcing me to do anything.

7. UtopiaB
    Can anyone recommend a pair of upgrade cables that actually improve the sound of the HD600 (none of this black magic imaginary improvements stuff, I want discernible improvement) and that doesn't cost an arm a leg and a 1 kilo gold bar, as in, around the $30 mark?

8. Midgetguy
    Same! I'll pass people with cheapo earbuds in and if I were closer than 5 feet to them, I'd probably be able to hear exactly what they're listening to, but at my distance, I can still hear quite a bit of noise. I wonder how those people haven't blown out their eardrums at that volume.

9. PinkyPowers

It seems to me you ARE asking for black magic.

Digital-Pride and MWSVette like this.
  10. DavidA
    You are asking for black magic if your price is $30 since the price of just the connectors alone would be $20 for decent quality stuff and you still haven't got the wires. 

FWIW I've had Forza and Double Helix cables that were in the $400-500 range and it didn't make any difference in the sound.   They look like superb pieces of art and are very soft and flexible, excellent craftsmanship and if you can afford then I would highly recommend them but don't look for any changes in sound.

MWSVette likes this.
  11. MWSVette
    To quote you, "We have NO CHOICE BUT TO GET THE FIIO X7 WITH THE AM1 MODULE whether we want the AM1 or not, which means to me that FiiO IS FORCING THE SITUATION."

I assumed that when you used the word "we" that you were referring to yourself as a part of "we".

And you are right, no one is forcing "you" to do anything.  You do have choices.  Wait until they after they offer the options what you want.  Or buy from a manufacturer who does.

12. MWSVette

+1 agree 100%...

13. DavidA
    suggest a cable like this so you don't put too much stress on the 3.5mm jack of the HA-2:
    3-5mmto6-3mmadapter.jpg

14. TheEldestBoy

Pahani,

If you do get a chance to try out the HD 600's with the OPPO HA-2, please let us know what you think.

15. Midgetguy
    Exactly. Personally, I only changed cables because I wanted something shorter than the 3m stock cable. $25 New Fantasia cables do a fantastic job of exactly what I wanted. $400-500 on a cable that might change the sound? Why not just go buy another set of headphones for that price? Cables are never going to be worth their price respective of any "sound quality upgrade" claims they make. They are most worth it for practical services, like getting a shorter (or longer) cable that is still solidly constructed.

Just curious, do you remember how much that one cost? I think the Sennheiser one is about $10, maybe a bit less. But I agree, that's the type to be using.

First

Back
975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984
986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995
Next

Last