Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #13,172 of 23,425
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I think that might be it, it's most likely the switch from the NFB-12 DAC to the Modi 2 Uber DAC that's making most of these changes that I'm hearing. Maybe the NFB-12 DAC + the Valhalla 2 amp might do the trick, OR Modi 2 Uber DAC + the Valhalla 2 amp with the HD650 instead of the HD600. I'll look into trying both ways and see what I like better in the end. I appreciate all the help!

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #13,174 of 23,425
If its in good condition, with no hassle returns, then I would get the used. Save some money.

Or wait until they go down again and buy it new for about the same price.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #13,176 of 23,425
I'd say if it's not that much cheaper, then just get the new HD600. Warranty and all that is a great thing to have, whether you use it or not, just peace of mind. Only get a used one if it's in very good condition and maybe 30% cheaper than new.

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #13,178 of 23,425
  ok its amazon warehouse

In that case, I guess I would do it. Is it marked as "Used - Very Good" or "Used - Like New"? Cuz for that I would. Amazon is pretty good about returns/refunds if things go sideways. Plus, some of those sellers really are quite thorough and report condition exactly as is. I bought my Fidelio X1 from Amazon warehouse and the package was not only basically pristine, but even shrink-wrapped. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #13,179 of 23,425
In that case, I guess I would do it. Is it marked as "Used - Very Good" or "Used - Like New"? Cuz for that I would. Amazon is pretty good about returns/refunds if things go sideways. Plus, some of those sellers really are quite thorough and report condition exactly as is. I bought my Fidelio X1 from Amazon warehouse and the package was not only basically pristine, but even shrink-wrapped. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

But when you opened it, inside was a live scorpion wearing a sombrero? Same exact thing happened to me.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #13,181 of 23,425
Ok so I was thinking about the HD600 + magni 2 + fiio X1 combo

Or should I get the vali subminiature hybrid? It's about $20 more or the HE400s? I heard the vocals are more better on the 400s then HD 600

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #13,182 of 23,425
I have a weird problem now with my HD600s. My regular pair of eyeglasses broke, and now I'm wearing a backup pair. My regular pair had a rubberized coating on the temples. My backup pair are glossy plastic, and now when wearing the headphones I hear squeaking sounds coming from the glasses moving against the headphone pads. This sucks.

Maybe you could put something like a strip of electrical tape across the pads where they meet the glasses?

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #13,185 of 23,425
The only other thing I can suggest is take your glasses off when listening to music.

That would work for a while, but I like to browse the web while listening to music. To read, I need glasses. I am learning to keep my head still most of the time, which lessens the noise. I guess it's something you get used to, like vinyl listeners get used to crackle and pop. I can't be the only person with this problem, but I haven't seen any complaints about it recently.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back