1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, Feb 6, 2011.
  1. Arttt
    @Midgetguy 

i agree, oval is better.
    But i do prefer he560 in terms of comfort over hd600 for one simple reason, its pads...  hd600 is too light and all thou they sit good on my head , no complains , i do like a more heavy/solid build headphone with thick deep headphones cups to get tight acoustic sealing over the ear.

If headphone is just heavy , without really comfortable ear pads and great ergonomics to spread the pressure of weight all over the right spots on your head , than its just annoying ...but you do need some weight to make it sit right , in my opinion ... hd600 is just too light in weight to give me that feeling of acoustic sealing over my ear ,he560 does a better job at it.

2. Decommo
    Hello. Is anyone pairing HD600 with Vali 2? If so, which tube would be the best match? Thank you....

3. bosiemoncrieff
    I used it extensively with the original vali, and loved it. HD600 is so forgiving I'm not sure it makes a huge difference (though you can even use LISST with it, lol!)

Decommo likes this.
  4. Midgetguy
    Haha, I'm not sure I've seen someone say yet that the HD600 is too light. So that's what's causing it to not work as well for you as the HE560, I get it. I think that they both have pads just as deep but I prefer the HD600 cuz the openings are just a little bit too small so they either touch the top of my ear or my ear lob just a bit on the inside of the pad.

5. Arttt
    I'm wondering about hd600 with shure se1540  alcantara  pads ... could be something really special 

6. fiascogarcia
    A nice simple mod to add some bottom end with no significant alteration to 600s great sq.

HD600mod.jpg

7. DavidA
  8. TheRealMVT

I have that combo, works like a charm. I use the PCC88 tube, as recommended by a user on the vali 2 impressions thread.

Decommo likes this.
  9. DavidA
    The PCC88 is a type of tube, do you know what brand it is?  such as Amperex, Telefunken, Siemens, etc

10. fiascogarcia
  11. TheRealMVT

Excuse me, I meant the Philips PCC88 tube.
    IMG_0169.jpg

DavidA likes this.
  12. DavidA
    Thanks for the link, is it cheaper direct from Brainwavz?  I didn't want to create an account to check on shipping charges, or cheaper to pay the $2 higher amazon price but get free shipping.

13. Arttt
    hmmm pleather on hd600, could increase clarity and lowend , is it thicker than original hd600 pads , i mean distance from driver to ear ??

14. ProtegeManiac Contributor

Brainwavz site has one thing you need to check out though - the angled hybrid. It's not on Amazon but I was wondering why there wasn't, checked the website, and they actually have it there.

15. DivineCurrent
    Nice! How did you put the pads onto the plastic ring that attaches to the inside cup? Did you somehow rip off the original pads from it?
    Edit: never mind, I didnt know there are two parts to the pad, i thought the pads were permanently attactched to the ring.