Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Feb 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #151 of 1,133
That's a pretty small driver element, and displaced high.
So a bassier, more analytical "HD25"?

How's the soundstage versus your Amperior?  Treble clarity?

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #152 of 1,133
Treble clarity is good, just right imo, I'd say it's on a par with the Amperiors in this respect, I can't tell much difference. The bass is the biggest part and the sound is more spatial than the Amp's. Biggest thing for me is that they're more comfortable than my momentum's - which have now been promised to one of my colleagues with smaller ears...!

I've decided that whilst I'd like to use the HD8's for commuting, the longer cable makes this difficult, so I'll be using these at home only. I'd recommend anyone using for portable use - these are not the best choice... unless a shorter cable is released.I'll stick to my Amperiors for going out with I think.

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #154 of 1,133
How long is the coiled cable with the coils completely constricted? I'm guessing 3m is the stretched out length.

It's about half the 3m length.

To answer another recent question, I found the isolation of the HD8 DJ to be extremely good. It blocks outside sound surprisingly well.

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #155 of 1,133
Thanks for your impressions, GSARider.

I hope modifying the cup to use 3.5mm cable detachment instead of 2.5mm for my convenience is not too difficult, although it doesn't look like an easy task judging by how much cup there is around that cable entry.  I can instead build a shorter cable with a 2.5mm end for the cup instead, but that's comparatively a big hassle.

My HD360's cable is too long as well, I have it coiled up a few inches away from the plug.  It poses only a mild inconvenience for me.  The scrawniness of the cable probably helps there, though.

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #157 of 1,133
If anyone has the ability to compare these to the Shure 1540 I'd love to hear how they compare.  I'm looking for my next closed headphone and loved the sound on my amperiors, but I had to end up selling them as after a while they became quite uncomfortable pinching my ear to my glasses.  The idea of a comfortable amperior sound over ear has me pretty excited, but I was really thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shure 1540.

Thanks

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #158 of 1,133
I have just got my hands on a pair of the HD7 and they look like they could be a great DJ headphone. They come with a nice case to protect them, they have a straight and curly cable reinforced with Kevlar and they have a swivel hinge on both sides. I used to use the HD280 for many years then moved on to the HD25. The new HD7 certainly don't squeeze your head as much as the HD280, they are heavier than the HD25 but still quite light. As for the sound - they are definitely a lot more bass heavy than the HD25 and HD280 so if you mix on the bassline they would be good. I suspect that these are aimed as a bit of a blow to the beats range especially with the cheeky slogan " drop the beat " and they have some similarities with the beats pro like the dual swivel hinges, rugged case and the option to have the cable on either side. They also cater to the bass head like the beats but I think they sound better for less money. The mids and highs sound crisp - there is probably a bit too much bass for my likings but that is just a personal thing - the bass does not seem to muddy the mids and is not too boomy. I think the sound stage is a bit bigger than the HD25 but not quite as good as the Custom One Pro. Over all a well thought out DJ headphone with looks that will make it popular on the streets. I look forward to getting the HD8 later this month so I can compare the two.
Now I just need to figure out how to pull them apart so I can work some magic on them :)

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #159 of 1,133
Curious to hear comparision between HD7 & 8 to see what the differences are. I'm not sure which one would fit me best and I'm not that keen that I want to buy both to find out. And if I blindly pick one of them I will always think like "what if".

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #160 of 1,133
  Now I just need to figure out how to pull them apart so I can work some magic on them :)

I already have the HD 25 & HD 25 Alumn , both customised by you. Waiting to see what you can do with these
wink_face.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #162 of 1,133
When the HD6 becomes the black horse and slaughters the HD7 & 8 
ph34r.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #163 of 1,133
  The HD6 might be the most interesting as it seems to be the more balanced one. Don't ignore it guys =)

But its price tag is lower, therefore it is not as good as HD7 & 8.  =p
But if they are all using HD25 drivers, then perhaps the trio do not differ terribly from each other, I think.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #165 of 1,133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back