Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Jan 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #92 of 1,133
I will buy either the 7 or 8 and the only factor is bass response.  If they are both the same other than the 8 is more "ruggedly built" for DJ use the 7 will fit my bill perfectly.

Need some comparisons..................

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #93 of 1,133
I've been using my Sennheiser HD 25-1 since 1997-98 and it's time to find a replacement for them (or another pair). I've tried V-Moda M-100's but I find their sound isolation a bit lacking for my taste (I DJ in loud environments so I value isolation a lot). I have my sights aimed at the HD-8 and I'm hoping their isolation is up there with the HD-25's, keeping my hopes up!

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #94 of 1,133
  I've been using my Sennheiser HD 25-1 since 1997-98 and it's time to find a replacement for them (or another pair). I've tried V-Moda M-100's but I find their sound isolation a bit lacking for my taste (I DJ in loud environments so I value isolation a lot). I have my sights aimed at the HD-8 and I'm hoping their isolation is up there with the HD-25's, keeping my hopes up!

Hey try the xl pads with m100s.. It isolates much better and keeps sound leakage to a minimum as well...

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #96 of 1,133
If they're as long lasting as the HD-25's then the price is not an issue, but that is something that is yet to be proven of course.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #97 of 1,133
I slightly dislike that they made them resemble UEx000 with the blue pad screens.
They should have kept them black or grey and with the sennheiser logo in the middle of it would look cooler.

HD8's cups remind me of some Panasonic and Monster models that I've seen.  I like the look of HD7 best.
Looking forward to trying them out.

popcorn.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #98 of 1,133
The HD 7 and 8 DJ are really nice looking cans. I hope they sound similar to the HD 25-1, but with a more pronounced low end emphasis. I've always found the HD 25-1 somewhat lacking in bass quantity; they are however, pretty good in delivering tight, clear beats.

If the new headphones are as good sounding (or better) than the HD 25-1s, and are even 3/4 as tough, I'm sure they'll be good sellers in the DJ world. The brand name commands quite a lot of respect amongst DJs.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #99 of 1,133
  no offense but that is expensive for dj headphones. I hope the price drops. 380 is a bit much. 

I agree. At that price, you're competing head on with another DJ favourite, the HDJ-2000. The latter are a great can, but they are in no way $100+ more expensive than the HDJ-1500, which really sounds very similar. But then again, it's the Pioneer tax. 
wink.gif

I'd like to give the new Sennheiser cans a try - I hope they sound really good for that price. If not, you're just paying for the brand (again).

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #100 of 1,133
I agree. At that price, you're competing head on with another DJ favourite, the HDJ-2000. The latter are a great can, but they are in no way $100+ more expensive than the HDJ-1500, which really sounds very similar. But then again, it's the Pioneer tax. :wink:

I'd like to give the new Sennheiser cans a try - I hope they sound really good for that price. If not, you're just paying for the brand (again).

I think the HD8s could comfortably compete with new DJ headphones like the M100, which when combined with a DJ cable and XL Pads, come to $360.
They'll only be able to compete with older HPs like the HDJ2000s and HD25s once they come down in price.

The key to winning people over will be comfort: nice, deep and wide cups; something the others fail at quite badly.

Never underestimate to motivation of crushed ears to spend a little more $$$ :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #101 of 1,133
I think the HD8s could comfortably compete with new DJ headphones like the M100, which when combined with a DJ cable and XL Pads, come to $360.
They'll only be able to compete with older HPs like the HDJ2000s and HD25s once they come down in price.

The key to winning people over will be comfort: nice, deep and wide cups; something the others fail at quite badly.

Never underestimate to motivation of crushed ears to spend a little more $$$
smily_headphones1.gif

The M-100 s a tough can to beat. I love its bold sound and its looks and accessories complete the package. That said, as a DJ headphone, I don't think they are very comfortable or easy to use as say a classic DJ can like a Shure SRH750DJ or a Pioneer HDJ-1000. Hence, I only use the V-MODAs as a portable can.

But yeah, I agree with you - comfort, and a nice set of ear cups will surely seal the deal. It's a shame most DJ-styled cans have small-ish ear cups; surely for portability more than anything else?

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #102 of 1,133
The M-100 s a tough can to beat. I love its bold sound and its looks and accessories complete the package. That said, as a DJ headphone, I don't think they are very comfortable or easy to use as say a classic DJ can like a Shure SRH750DJ or a Pioneer HDJ-1000. Hence, I only use the V-MODAs as a portable can.

But yeah, I agree with you - comfort, and a nice set of ear cups will surely seal the deal. It's a shame most DJ-styled cans have small-ish ear cups; surely for portability more than anything else?

The M100s are everywhere in Pro DJ circles, but I think that might be due to the engraving aspect more than anything else...
Still really want to hear a pair with the XL pads though, to see what they're like.

The HDJ2000s are decently wide, the problem is depth. I think that in order to get high isolation, they try to press the driver right up against the ear, which is as comfortable as it sounds.

That said, I currently have the B&W P7s, and they have excellent isolation AND deep cups. I think it has something to do with the density of foam used in the cups.

Hopefully Sennheiser gets it right.... :confused:

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #104 of 1,133
Can anynone please make a comparison between the hdj8 the over ear momentums and the hd25/amperior? Sound, confort and seal.....?

I love the sound of my momentums and my hd25's but i cant get a over ear effect with the momentums and sometimes this is reflected on the seal (and therefore on the bass) when i turn my head and the hd25's clamp too hard (after half an hour its almost like my ears are glued to the drivers and damn that starsts to hurt)...

I was thinking of getting a pair of amperiors because of the velour pads and now cheaper price point as a upgrade to my 25's but if the hd8dj can mix the sound of the hd25's with an over ear effect (like the one that was supposed to be on the momentums............ )this guys might be a winner for me..... i am not a dj so i am asking strictly form a average consumer perspective..... :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #105 of 1,133
The M100s are everywhere in Pro DJ circles, but I think that might be due to the engraving aspect more than anything else...
Still really want to hear a pair with the XL pads though, to see what they're like.

The HDJ2000s are decently wide, the problem is depth. I think that in order to get high isolation, they try to press the driver right up against the ear, which is as comfortable as it sounds.

That said, I currently have the B&W P7s, and they have excellent isolation AND deep cups. I think it has something to do with the density of foam used in the cups.

Hopefully Sennheiser gets it right....
confused.gif

another ridiculous price but atleast the build materials are premium and I can see why it is priced that way. How does the sound leakage of that hp compare to the hd25 and m100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back