1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 598 vs Audio Technica ATH-A900X

First

Back
1 2
  1. David1521
    Just get the closed back version of the Audio technica ATH 900x, it has much better bass, and female vocals and acoustic sound amazing with them.

2. WistfulBreeze
    What about these? http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD900X-Open-Back-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S331VU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1436744013&sr=1-1&keywords=ath-ad900x&pebp=1436744021022&perid=08XTN91QK9KXHGPKX9MH Have you tested these against the HD 598's?

3. Module
    Yeah, it would be interesting. i'm gonna buy new headphons to replace my broken HD215, and mostly choose between these two models. I was googling a lot for a three days, but i'm not sure. Someone tells that AD-900X is not universally (i mean genres), but also someone tells that HD598 is ugly (boring) for metal for example. Also, I'm aware design of AD-900X, not sure if they will be comfortable for my head. I was looking also for AKG Q701, but read that they require good amp, which I don't have (i have 0404 USB with built-in headphone amp). Any opinions?

4. Module
    Repeat. Delete.

5. WistfulBreeze
    Repeat.

6. WistfulBreeze
    I am unfortunately not knowledgeable when it comes to what to buy. A different head-fi review says that the Schiit Fulla is a great AMP/DAC combo that beats the Fiio E10K. From all of the other reviews I've read, the HD 598's appear to sound a lot better than the AD900X with much more comfort but the AD900X have a bit more soundstage. Your choice :)

First

Back
1 2