1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 598 VS AKG Q 701 as a upgrade from ATH AD700's

1. H60Ninja
    I have read that to get full potential of the akg q701 a good headphone amp is recommended. I only have a $250 budget for this upgrade and would not be able to get a headphone amp right away so would my sound blaster z be powerfull enough to drive the akg's or would the HD598's be easier to drive? I have looked up the specs for the sound blaster z and it says 
    1. 3.5mm gold plated headphone jack driven by the 600 Ohm Maxim MAX97220 amp

So no using line out for the headphones but if the z's headphone amp is enough to drive the akg's I really like them but I would settle for the HD598's if not. Thanks for any and all help  

Edit- I will be using them for 50/50 gaming/music.

2. ska-YJ
    I think Q701 is totally overcome HD598.

3. H60Ninja
    Quote:
    Well they are about the same price but Im just scared of getting the q701's and not be able to use them properly and just sit there till I get a amp for them.

4. Trunks159
    Get the Sony mdr ma900.

5. H60Ninja
    Quote:
    Hmm? I'll take a look at them, thanks.

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    I would assume it's fairly easy for the Sound Blaster Z's headphone amplifier to drive the 62-Ohm AKG Q701s.

You can always posting your Q701 questions on this thread.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-appreciation-thread

H60Ninja likes this.