Sennheiser HD 598 Improvements
Jun 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JmanOfIsrael

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to make some additions to get the best out of my HD 598s. I currently drive them with an older Pioneer receiver (used to be top of the line; don't know if I should change it). Do you recommend any amps that would help the 598s (I also have a Fiio E7 that I use for travel). Lastly, would recabling the 598s help me get the best out of 'em--I've heard some mixed reviews? If I should recable them, how do I go about doing it? I'm a newbie.

Thanks for the help! Anything else I could do?

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 7
The HD598's definitely improve with amplification, but they are really low sensitivity so almost any portable amp would do the trick.

Personally, I would rather save the money from recabling and sell the 598's in order to move up to a pair of headphones higher on the chain (and I love my 598's).

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
The HD598's definitely improve with amplification, but they are really low sensitivity so almost any portable amp would do the trick.

Personally, I would rather save the money from recabling and sell the 598's in order to move up to a pair of headphones higher on the chain (and I love my 598's).

+1, unless you diy it a cable that will make the sound improve will cost almost as much as the headphones

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Good advice. I have been considering moving up a headphone tier but I refuse to sell my 598s because I like them so much.

Keep them, and buy a complementary set. Its hard to have only 1 pair of headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back