Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,675 of 7,532
Quote:
Just mentioning this, but HD598 goes really well with AK100 unmodded. Very smooth with best detail I've heard from HD598.

It sounds quite awesome with my RWAK100 as well. I'm really happy with the combination though I usually use a desktop amp with the two as I normally keep the HD 598's always plugged into my Maverick Audio D1+

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,679 of 7,532
Quote:

Gonna have to echo the post above me.  Contacting Sennheiser is likely going to be the easiest way.  Granted you can get a 558 head band cushion from Amazon.  If you don't mind clashing colors that is something to consider. 

I kind of wanted to avoid contacting sennheiser since I assume that it's going to take a while for them to replace it.
Could you post a link? I can only find the ear pads.

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #2,680 of 7,532
I think it's a good idea to contact Sennheiser. Their customer services proved to be at high level. Some people received even brand new pairs when sending one for repair. Or they received HD 598s when they sent old HD 595s for repair. (as mentioned in reviews on amazon.com) 

Now i'm not saying it will happen to anyone. Might depend on the severity of the problem. But you never know without trying. I've got very fast responses when i had to replace my broken HD 598 some two years ago. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #2,684 of 7,532
Hi all, 

Got this headphones 2 days ago (new, sealed box , from amazon) and noticed a construction difference between the 2 cups.
Can´t figure out yet if the sound is affected in anyway (as they are still burning in) but the lower part of the left cup has
some more of the inside mesh "glued" to the background than the right one. Took some macros where it is clearly seen.
Has any of you noticed the same on their cans? Could it be a manufacturing flaw? Some quality control issues? What do you think?
I would return them in the 30days period if I need to, just wanted to check if anybody else has the same problem.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Left cup:

Right cup :

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,685 of 7,532
Anyone have experience with the Philips X1?  How does it compare to the HD598?  I have a pair of HD 598, while it is crisp and clear, I find it distant and un-engaging.  Not sure if its just me.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back