Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #6,721 of 7,532
Love then!!! Not because they are my best sound setup, but because:

- I dont have, and need a closed headphone
- 99 BF Price
- Confort, Confort AAA+
- Drives wonderfully directly from smartphone/spotify
- Have mic, i can call while use them Over my smartphone/spotify
- I like their "fast" and clean signature, with no bassy boomy, good for movies, PS4 FPS, my kind of music

So for their BF price/Confort/versatility their are a no brain deal!

Will keep then for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats on your new cans...
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #6,722 of 7,532
Congrats on your new cans...:beerchug:

Thank you,

Very happy with them for the price I gave, are great to walk with them around the house, listening to music directly from the smartphone/spotify in my pocket, being able to answer calls with their short cable with mic, good head comfort, noise isolation, and without worrying about ruining expensive headphones.

I dont understand why people keep compare then with HD598SE, ones are open, Cs is closed...lol

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #6,723 of 7,532
@MRK1
You're clearly biased towards the Sonys because you bashed the HD 598 before in your posts. I don't know why are you still buying Sennheisers if you don't like the house sound.
The fact that you like overly bassy headphones impacts on your ability to make an objective observation.
The HD 598 sounding "distant" - most of us call that "sound stage" and are enjoying it.
I have the MDR-1A and it does not have any metal at the joints it only looks like metal but it is not. Also the joints in the MDR-1A are squeaky, and you have to apply silicone oil to fix that. Also the MDR-1A have bass ports that pick wind sound very badly. I don't understand this obsession with metal in the construction of headphones. It makes them heavier. If you use them normally you won't have any problems with the materials used in HD 598 CS. Why put metal grills if the headphones are closed?
The bass in the regular HD 598 is perfect in amount and especially quality, being tight and controlled, and if the closed version has even a bit more, it is perfect for outdoors, provided you know you're buying a headphone with a balanced signature and are enjoying it.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #6,724 of 7,532
@MRK1

You're clearly biased towards the Sonys because you bashed the HD 598 before in your posts. I don't know why are you still buying Sennheisers if you don't like the house sound.
The fact that you like overly bassy headphones impacts on your ability to make an objective observation.
The HD 598 sounding "distant" - most of us call that "sound stage" and are enjoying it.
I have the MDR-1A and it does not have any metal at the joints it only looks like metal but it is not. Also the joints in the MDR-1A are squeaky, and you have to apply silicone oil to fix that. Also the MDR-1A have bass ports that pick wind sound very badly. I don't understand this obsession with metal in the construction of headphones. It makes them heavier. If you use them normally you won't have any problems with the materials used in HD 598 CS. Why put metal grills if the headphones are closed?
The bass in the regular HD 598 is perfect in amount and especially quality, being tight and controlled, and if the closed version has even a bit more, it is perfect for outdoors, provided you know you're buying a headphone with a balanced signature and are enjoying it.

I opened my box a half-dozen hours ago, and I even understand the first reaction of @MRK1, not to having had the wow!! factor that other HPhones give, and in the first minutes it seems that it does not have any bass, I was also a bit scared in first music track, But with the passing of the hours I realized that I was having a head burn-in, the is there in very nice way, the sound was growing inside me, and finally concludes that it was a fantastic purchase by the aspects that have already up mentioned.

The problem of most people is when buying is always in the expectation of wanting to buy the best sound they like. And that's not all, there are other considerations to make, Comfort, price, portability, carefree in not ruin, no need for amps, more and more other things..... is why we have a hand of portable head/in/phones.

Changing for different signatures allways need some head burn-in, even my IE800 shock me at first minutes, now they are stellars but they were far from it in the early hours.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #6,725 of 7,532
I opened my box a half-dozen hours ago, and I even understand the first reaction of @MRK1, not to having had the wow!! factor that other HPhones give, and in the first minutes it seems that it does not have any bass, I was also a bit scared in first music track, But with the passing of the hours I realized that I was having a head burn-in, the sound was growing inside me, and finally concludes that it was a fantastic purchase by the aspects that have already up mentioned.

The problem of most people is when buying is always in the expectation of wanting to buy the best sound they like. And that's not all, there are other considerations to make, Comfort, price, portability, carefree in not ruin, no need for amps, more and more other things..... is why we have a hand of portable head/in/phones.

Changing for different signatures allways need some head burn-in, even my IE800 shock me at first minutes, now they are stellars but they were far from it in the early hours.

You are right but luckily, I liked my HD 598SE from the first moment. It was exactly the other way around, because based on reviews and opinions I was expecting them not to have bass, and when putting them on for the first time, all my worries vanished, and I just liked them immensely. You can see my reaction here. So I'm sure I will like the CS version too.

Also a lot of people are comparing the feel of the pressure-type IEM type of heavy bass with the bass of the open headphone. Of course they are not the same, but I enjoy the controlled tight bass more that the IEM type.
I used IEMs for a short while, but now I can't stand the claustrophobic feel that they give and they can also damage the hearing very easily and you won't even know it until it is too late.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #6,727 of 7,532
  Interesting video, comparing The HD 598 SE and CS

Thanks for sharing that.  Looks promising.  Surprised he said the bass extends pretty low and has good punch.  Contrary to what most others have said here.

I ordered a pair as well during BF deal of the day.  Should be coming tomorrow.  Will post impressions in the 598 Cs thread once ready.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #6,728 of 7,532

Thanks for sharing that.  Looks promising.  Surprised he said the bass extends pretty low and has good punch.  Contrary to what most others have said here.

I ordered a pair as well during BF deal of the day.  Should be coming tomorrow.  Will post impressions in the 598 Cs thread once ready.

Yeah, I think the guy does a more objective review, because I saw he had his hands on some heavy league headphones like the Focal Elear and HD 800, and more http://aornic.com/reviews
Please do post your impressions, mine won't arrive until later next week.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #6,729 of 7,532
Interesting video, comparing The HD 598 SE and CS

I share same option, this headphone is great for smartphones, easy to drive and call ability, good bass for no headbass junky, all for a very nice price.

Today i play as usual my 2hours Battlefield on team party, and HD598Cs is aproved on that department. Now will go view a movie with them to see what then are able to do.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #6,732 of 7,532
A comparison between Momentum 2.0 and HD 598 Cs sound would be very interesting.
I already asked Sennheiser about this, as well as if there is a difference in tuning between HD 569 and 598 Cs.
I received no answer yet.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #6,733 of 7,532
More Cs vs Se

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/wDjPWC-BFnw[/VIDEO]

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #6,735 of 7,532
  Now there is HD598Cs for 89£  and Sony MDR-1A for 110£... choices choices :)

The Sony for 110 British Coins is a much better deal than the 598 for 89. The build quality alone exceedes the difference in price. But take into consideration that the Sony has like 2x the bass response of the 598C according to my non-scientific measurements by ear. It goes much deeper and if the song is really bassy it has a very nice slam to it. 15% of the stuff I listen to is basshead stuff, so I appreciate this kind of bass sometimes, but with certain tracks especially with trance it can get muddy so I reduce it via EQ. The 598C is growing on me a bit when listening to uplifting trance because of its inoffensive bass (trance benefits from fast, punchy bass more than deep slammy bass) On the other hand with electronic chillout, sometimes the sub-bass "rumble" can add to the relaxation and make the tracks much smoother and relaxing. That being said, mine doesn't squeak at all. Maybe it was a problem with earlier batches?

By the way, I just read KopaneDePooj's review of the MDR1A and I agree with all he said about them. Anyway, can you recommend me some music that in your opinion sounds far better on the Sennheiser compared to the Sony?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back