Sennheiser hd 590 vs 595
Jul 24, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #16 of 19
Yes, the way they match the sound of good speakers is exactly what I'm talking about. I can take an unbalanced recording, re-EQ it using the HD-590s and play it back on speakers, and it sounds perfect. With just about any other type of cans, the EQ gets all messed up, over-compensating for hidden humps and dips in their response.

You can't just go by frequency response graphs. The ears don't react the same to all frequencies. For instance, the ears are very sensitive to the volume level of upper midrange, especially when mixed together in a full spectrum musical source. What might look recessed on a chart sounds balanced to the ear.

See ya
Steve

Jul 24, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
I have a pair of the 595's now, and I would have to say that the 595's are definitely in the top tier of dynamic headphones (not necessarily the very best dynamic headphone even at its price point)

What do you like better than 595's at their price point?

Jul 24, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zambaretzu
What do you like better than 595's at their price point?

I cannot say which is the very best at the 595's price point right now because I have no more than a brief audition with other brands of headphones priced between $200 and $300, as far as experience goes.

Jul 24, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #19 of 19
If you don't need the 595s now, keep at look at E-cost.com. I got some refurb 595s for $142 shipped. They did come with a dent in the side of them, but I emailed senn. about it and they agreed to fix it at no cost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back