1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 565 disappointment

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by resorob, Jan 16, 2013.
  1. Resorob
    Hi there,

Like many of you I have a new Little Dot MkIII, I have it since a week and have listened to it intensively. Right from the start I was impressed with the way it sounded even in not burnt in form. Since I was waiting for a new headband for my old Sennheiser HD565, for the time being I listened to a pair of cheapy Sennheiser HD212 closed headphones. After finishing my 565's I expected a step up from the HD212's. But instead was greeted by shouty mids unbalance between voice and music and a general inclination to turn the volume down. When I tried another source (the out of my Zhaolu 2.5 DAC) the 565's sounded the same.

I did not mod cables or drivers. Could it be that the thing just aged and doesn't sound good anymore? Could also be that because of separate head amp I am now hear the true character of these phones?

A switch back to the HD212 improved things big time. This makes me wonder I was thinking of buying a HD600 or 650 to use together with LD MkIII, but maybe I should look into a closed can from Sennheiser or other make.

Does the above sound familiar to anybody? Strange that I remembered the 565's as fantastic cans, but now enjoy the 212's way more.
    Just leave it at that and enjoy music? Or can I improve on my 212's?

For my living room audio I am never satisfied [​IMG], so why be satisfied with cheap but good sounding cans[​IMG] 

2. MalVeauX
    Heya,

Audio memory is a lot like big fish stories. You can't trust it.

You probably just don't actually prefer the signature of the HD565.

I think if you picked up a Beyer DT880, Sennheiser HD650, or AKG Q701,  you might like that better.

Very best,