Sennheiser HD-497 package question
post-1470538
Post #1 of 3

bsboost

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I recently received my new Sennheiser HD-497s and due to the condition of the packaging I want to be sure I received a new and unopened product since that is what I bought. I am not familiar with Sennheiser packaging so I figured I would ask those that have the 497’s or other Sennheiser headphones and/or are familiar with their packaging.

Looking at the package, the back flap that opens out and downward and snaps into the front part of the package in 8 places… are these 8 spots glued or melted together like many electronic items or are they loose? I received my package and the lower two on both sides were completely separated and the rest pulled apart with no resistance.

Do they come with a manual or any paper work in the package?

Thanks

post-1470560
Post #2 of 3

sumguy_

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
No the back cover isnt glued or anything, it just "snaps" into place. Maybe this just popped open during shipping.

My HD-497's came with no paperwork whatsoever. Contained only the headphone and the plug adapter.

post-1471312
Post #3 of 3

bsboost

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
sumguy_: Thank you for your response.

The packaging must be deformed or something because the lower two spots on both sides will not snap into place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)