Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones Black versus Audio-Technica ATH-M50?
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

podrez

New Head-Fier
I listen to mostly, rap and rock. I'l be using both headphone's with an Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier. I will also be using them on plane's, so their has to be decent sound isolation, does anyone have any suggestions? 

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes they are over the ear , the audio technica ath m50 has more bass the hd 449 has cleaner and more tight bass ,both are good for rock becuase for the precision detail of the headphones (highs and mids)

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 9
I prefer the ATH-M50 for rock and hip-hop, but the HD449 does better for acoustic stuff. Knowing your preferences, go M50.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 9
I have the ATHM50 and I can attest that for rock, rap and any fast music they are excellent. The bass response is superb and they are very efficient. They can be driven by an iPod alone but best response is with an amp. I ave been using them with a jdscmoy.

Isolation is good. They will work on a plane but I would no say they are noise canceling. You will hear outside noise.

My pair is 2 months old. I am thinking of selling them because I mostly listen to acoustic jazz. They are ok for that but a little to bright for me taste. If anyone is interested let me know.

Bob Silver

Bobsilver1@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back